Zach Hyman vs John Tavares

?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I hate Tavares but this is absurd, Hyman is playing with the greatest hockey player of all time, his numbers would be 1/2 of what they are if he was playing with some mid players

Nothing absurd about it, Hyman is way better than Tavares and makes much more of an impact 5on5 at this point of their careers. Hyman is a legitimately good player now incase you hadn’t noticed and Tavares is on the decline.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
prob Hyman now

Tavares has always been a poor skater and now he's close to entering his mid 30s. he's only going to get slower moving forward. but really Tavares is the better overall player. Hyman might be better right now but I still question if he would be remotely close to how he is right now on another team playing without McDavid.

but still even with all of that I dunno if Id take Tavares given his poor skating and aging.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Tavares is f***ing shit. One of the slowest players in the league. Hyman AINEC
Hyman never even scored more than 42 points in a full season without McDavid. questionable if he would be even close to what he is right now without McDavid.

but yeah Tavares is slow and has been slow his entire career. he's a great all round player whos aging his skating is pretty much the only thing holding him back but Id say he's far from shit. just not good for 11m

could have had more on another team too lol

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Nah, it’s the result of reality.
I dunno Drytoast isn't really all that wrong. I mean where did this question even come from? how many of these threads have there been? why was Tavares the target? Oilers fans keep desperately trying to shove Hyman in our faces and no one even cares. how many times do fans need to be told we never wanted him back to finally just get it?

as soon as a player does a little better than a Leaf there's a thread for it. we have seen it many MANY times. so really the reality is some of you guys gotta stop thinking about this team. if u think ur player is better than great good for you. no one cares

Reactions: Metroid

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I dunno Drytoast isn't really all that wrong. I mean where did this question even come from? how many of these threads have there been? why was Tavares the target? Oilers fans keep desperately trying to shove Hyman in our faces and no one even cares. how many times do fans need to be told we never wanted him back to finally just get it?

as soon as a player does a little better than a Leaf there's a thread for it. we have seen it many MANY times. so really the reality is some of you guys gotta stop thinking about this team. if u think ur player is better than great good for you. no one cares
The poll thread is usually 50% player X vs player Y, nothing new, and it’s not dominated by leaf polls,
Half the time leaf created polls.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Hyman getting first unit PP time has done more for his numbers than playing with McDavid at even strength has. His even strength rate of production is pretty similar in Edmonton as it was during his last two years in Toronto (0.66 vs 0.61 EV points per game).

Reactions: Regal

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Rent. Free.

Maybe you should make a thread about it? Could be therapeutic...lol

Saying Rent. free. doesn't really mean anything. I like football more than hockey, and live in Germany. 😆

And you spent like 10 minutes writing a response I barely even read. Congratulations on your "owning" me. 😆 🤣

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The poll thread is usually 50% player X vs player Y, nothing new, and it’s not dominated by leaf polls,
Half the time leaf created polls.
most times the leafs player loses in these polls. but this time I agree Hyman is the right choice.

I also really wonder if Hyman would even be a 50 point player without McDavid.
never even broke 42 points with the Leafs playing with Matthews and Marner.

then he breaks out right away putting up 57 points a career high then ppg the following season and now might be a 50 goal scorer.

hard to say Hyman would be even remotely close without McDavid but none of that really matters. Hyman is a great fit in EDM

still dont care we let him go though

Reactions: Golden_Jet

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
If hyman was on pace for 45 point id still take him. Last time i watched jt play he looked like hès mailing it in. Hyman is a nightmare to play against. He does alot to make mc1ways line work better, like backchecking and boardwork.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Saying Rent. free. doesn't really mean anything. I like football more than hockey, and live in Germany. 😆

And you spent like 10 minutes writing a response I barely even read. Congratulations on your "owning" me. 😆 🤣
Lol. It's gotta suck hearing "go leafs go" changed in your own barn all the time, huh?

Do what you want in Winnipeg’s barn, won’t bother me.
It clearly has caused some emotional damage

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nah, it’s the result of reality.
It's kind of funny how even most rational Leaf fans are picking Hyman. It's only the over the top homers whose entire schtick it is to be ridiculously biased that still seem to think Tavares is better at this point.

(And yes I made sure to add "at this point" because you just know there's going to be folks with the "LOL you think Hyman had a better career?!?" nonsense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad