Confirmed with Link: Zach Hyman + Conditional 7th to Toronto for Gregg McKegg (Mod warning post #88)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Mod warning: 4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material.

Any posts containing offensive material with result in a thread-ban and a warning/infraction. Do not make inappropriate jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Zach Hyman + Conditional 7th to Toronto for Gregg McKegg

Zach Hyman

Forward -- shoots R
Born Jun 9 1992 -- Toronto, ONT
[23 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 205 [185 cm/93 kg]

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
ok. I don't know Hyman, but I figured McKegg would be pushed off the Marlies this year if he didn't make the Leafs so I guess this is why. Must got find who Hyman is

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
https://vine.co/v/OIEQUezeETJ

Big kid who played Jrs in Ontario and was really productive. Didn't really translate that over to the collegiate game till this year. He really exploded and had a great season. Been following him most of the year, I like the trade.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Toronto Maple Leafs @MapleLeafs
The #Leafs have acquired Zach Hyman & a conditional seventh round pick in 2017 from the @FlaPanthers in exchange for Greg McKegg. #TMLtalk

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
McKegg didn't have much of a future here. Good AHLer but I never really saw much NHL potential in his game. Not good enough of a skater, average size and average skill level. Decent depth player I suppose.

I'm not sure Hyman has much more potential either but we'll see. He's a little younger and appears to have blossomed a bit in the last year or so.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Name is familiar. Where do I know that from?

Anyway...I think it was an either make or break year McKegg, he hasn't really impressed since the draft.

#TheBuild

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Looks like a fair trade- two mid-level prospects who are the same age and look to be at a similar level. I assume the 7th is ours if we don't sign him.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
McKegg didn't have much of a future here. Good AHLer but I never really saw much NHL potential in his game. Not good enough of a skater, average size and average skill level. Decent depth player I suppose.

I'm not sure Hyman has much more potential either but we'll see. He's a little younger and appears to have blossomed a bit in the last year or so.

He is a good skater with above average speed, He is good defensively and is physical. He is a quality possession player

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
yay? is this a good thing?

Eww!!

I'm afraid I saw this coming.

His dad is a real piece of work. This isn't a silver spoon fed kid, this is a diamond encrusted gold spoon fed kid.

He put up good numbers this year in Michigan after a weak showing the first 3. I attribute that more to his line mate Larkin. Maybe Toronto will flip this to Detroit so he & Larkin can remain together? Maybe he actually turned a corner & he willl produce? Not sure, but he should definitly be put in the AHL but I'm not sure if he or his dad will accept that.

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
i love the way we continue to stockpile future conditional 7th round picks, first we got Tampa's for Broll and Carter Ashton, now this ... Bergman gonna be busy

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
McKegg looked a long way from the NHL in his short auditions. Zach Hyman is the son of Stuart Hyman (google it). These players who have big senior NCAA years after being below average players for their first 3 years seldom amount to anything.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He is a good skater with above average speed, He is good defensively and is physical. He is a quality possession player

You're talking about Hyman I assume?

I read good things about him. I'm still pretty sceptical of an average prospect all of a sudden puts up a huge amount of points as a senior/overager but did nothing of note his first 3 seasons.

Apparently he wants to play in the NHL this season, which is why he wouldn't sign with the Panthers. I'm not sure if he'll get that chance with us but if he impresses, he might have a shot at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad