Zach Hyman Appreciation Thread

Goleafsgo95

Jan 12, 2018
Might be a few threads like this buried but I dont care because this guy deserves another.

Has almost matched his career highs in only half a season and fits well on a line with any of our stars. Brings a style of play and work ethic we sorely need and he's on a bargain contract.

Reactions: kb

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Guy is having a great year. That goal last game was impressive, picked up rebound in a maze of sticks and skates and made a nice shot. Always willing to pay the price whether it’s in front of the net, in a corner, or pushing over the centreline for an empty netter.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Nylander has more than 3 times the cap than Hyman !!!
I didn't check but are Hyman's EVgoals/60 still better than Nylander's ???
How about EVpoints/60 ???
For 2.25M I take that every day.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
As much as we all disagreed with Babcock on a lot of things, and wanted him gone, let's at least admit one thing - he was right about Hyman.

Hyman is pretty much the prototype for the "first line glue guy" nowadays. Yes, there are even better, more talented ones like Tkachuk and Landeskog but most teams would be perfectly happy to have him winning puck battles for superstar snipers.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Hyman is a very important player and really the only player who is tough to play against, on a nightly basis. Everything that he gets he earns. He should be wearing a letter for this team.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Nylander has more than 3 times the cap than Hyman !!!
I didn't check but are Hyman's EVgoals/60 still better than Nylander's ???
How about EVpoints/60 ???
For 2.25M I take that every day.
Marner has almost 5 times the cap compared to Hyman...

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I used to be super critical of human and his patented wrap-arounds, but the guy has won me over and then some. He seems like the only guy you can count on to put a consistent effort game in game out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad