Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Love it. Excited for him long term, I would like to see him start on the third line. Playing a 200 ft game is nice for the third line but need to see a boost in production before he moves up.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I would guess he would have needed to be paper transactioned down before the deadline to be eligible. His pro contract started so I would think the rules for playoff eligibility are different once that happens.

But it doesn’t matter either way. He needs to head to the off-season now. It’s more than just playing the full season…his last off-season was a deep playoff run, followed by combine and draft and dev camp and rookie tournament and vet camp and preseason…not to mention moving to a new country and everything that comes with that. Kid hasn’t stopped since before last season in Winnipeg started.
Must be a real culture shock for him to be always on the move, staying in different cities while traveling across the continent...

(yes that's sarcasm :))

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Love it. Excited for him long term, I would like to see him start on the third line. Playing a 200 ft game is nice for the third line but need to see a boost in production before he moves up.

I see Quinn-Cozens-Benson as a thing next year. They were easily our best line down the stretch and I see no reason to change it.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
It depends on what centers we have available. I'd love to have a smarter center than Cozens on that line.
I think Cozens can do a lot of the "straight line" work without having to think too much when he has capable wingers like Quinn and Benson on his line. And, that line can absolutely produce offense on the flip side which is a plus

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I think that’s a pretty big reach - all of these guys are top 10 pics and none of them are even at their prime yet. If they all peek at what they’re supposed to be, or even 90% of it, that is better than most of the second lines in the league.
IF is key here. Not this years version. Not assuming they all are better next year.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I'm kind of wondering if he will be reunited with Savoie next year.

Benson - (UFA or trade vet center) - Savoie

^^^ That could be a decent 3rd line IMO.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think Cozens can do a lot of the "straight line" work without having to think too much when he has capable wingers like Quinn and Benson on his line. And, that line can absolutely produce offense on the flip side which is a plus
You mean…play like a winger? Because he is a winger. And we’re all starting to figure it out finally

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
You mean…play like a winger? Because he is a winger. And we’re all starting to figure it out finally
Yes - I think fundamentally his play will look more like a winger, while Benson/Quinn actually handle some of that lifting. But, he would be a Center in the sense that he will take faceoffs.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
I think Benson's game would be wasted on a 3rd line. I can see him starting on a 3rd line to start the season to see where he's at after an offseason of rest, training and contemplation, but he already had reasonable chemistry with Cozens and Quinn and I think he'll at least play on the 2nd line next season. His defensive game is too polished and his offensive IQ too high to not rise up the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00