Confirmed with Link: Zach Aston-Reese signs 1 yr, 2 way deal

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
While we don’t need to add more depth guys, getting ZAR on a two way deal is a good bit of business. I assume though that this ensures Berggren is headed to GR.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
Are you an actual red wings fan or just passing through?

Berggren is a DRW and is not going to Grand Rapids for any reason. Especially not for Reese.

It's quite possible they start with 12-8-3 (especially if they plan to go 11/7) and send Berggren down.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021

Berggren is a DRW and is not going to Grand Rapids for any reason. Especially not for Reese.

Yes I am a Wings fan. Yesterday Lalonde said he is planning on keeping Kostin/Veleno/Fischer together so to me it sounds like Berggren would be the 13th forward to start the season. It makes more sense to have him play in GR to start the season if that’s the case. ZAR provides you your 13th forward.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Yes I am a Wings fan. Yesterday Lalonde said he is planning on keeping Kostin/Veleno/Fischer together so to me it sounds like Berggren would be the 13th forward to start the season. It makes more sense to have him play in GR to start the season if that’s the case. ZAR provides you your 13th forward.
I'd rather keep Berggren up. Aston Reese is already on waivers. Berggren will get playing time, he's not going to ride the pine for months. He has nothing to prove in GR.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I'd rather keep Berggren up. Aston Reese is already on waivers. Berggren will get playing time, he's not going to ride the pine for months. He has nothing to prove in GR.
If Berggren isn’t top 6, I rather him get top line minutes in the AHL.

Even him playing 3rd line with PP time wouldn’t be bad if he’s playing ~15min a night, but if he’s set to ride the bench and or press box, then send him down and let him continue to develop.

Reactions: letsgowings9999

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021

Are you being serious? Burgers can be sent down now and they have their potential 13th forward. Personally if this is the case, I would rather they prioritize his development, rather than he sit in a press box. There is no need to insult individuals posting their opinion. That is what this forum is for. Furthermore their opinion, was not one born of insanity, or a desire to troll the board.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Last thing we need is more 4th liners. Berggren should in no way be the 13th forward. Get him on the top 9 and keep Fischer as the odd man out

Yzerman made these nonsensical 1 year deals , berggren needs to be in the lineup and not a 4th liner

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Last thing we need is more 4th liners. Berggren should in no way be the 13th forward. Get him on the top 9 and keep Fischer as the odd man out

Yzerman made these nonsensical 1 year deals , berggren needs to be in the lineup and not a 4th liner
He needs to earn that. Berggren was really poor down the stretch last year and hasn’t done much to stake claim to a place. He will get a chance through injury at some point and needs to consistently play at a high level in his next chance.

Berggren doesn’t provide much when he isn’t scoring to date. Fisher is an excellent pk guy that can check and didn’t score crazy different to Berggren.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

200w.gif

(not that Reese is really a factor in anything)

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
He needs to earn that. Berggren was really poor down the stretch last year and hasn’t done much to stake claim to a place. He will get a chance through injury at some point and needs to consistently play at a high level in his next chance.

Berggren doesn’t provide much when he isn’t scoring to date. Fisher is an excellent pk guy that can check and didn’t score crazy different to Berggren.
Berggren is one of our best passers, maybe throw him in with guys who can actually shoot? He also scored 15 goals as a rookie

This team will never go anywhere and turn things around unless our kids are in the lineup and progressing. Guys like sprong,fischer,fabbri are short term guys they wont be here when they're contracts are up

Your right berggren wont be down long cause it makes 0 sense that he does. If it were up to me edvinsson and soderblom would be as well. Does anyone actually look at the lineup and realistically think we have a shot at the playoffs? Not even close

We keep delaying things so itll only be worse. How can we even be better next season with possibly danielson kasper edvinsson soderblom mazur all pretty much rookies at the exact same time ?

Sorry I understand you want to make them earn a spot but you cant really expect some of them to get in when you keep signing and trading for guys you shouldnt(edvinsson should be on the team)

Anyways

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

We need to fire Steve Yzerman. He does not understand how to build hockey teams.

You Should be the GM.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

This is literally a depth GR move in case of injuries. Not every move is some diabolical plot to keep your young faves in GR.

Berggren is one of our best passers, maybe throw him in with guys who can actually shoot? He also scored 15 goals as a rookie

This team will never go anywhere and turn things around unless our kids are in the lineup and progressing. Guys like sprong,fischer,fabbri are short term guys they wont be here when they're contracts are up

Your right berggren wont be down long cause it makes 0 sense that he does. If it were up to me edvinsson and soderblom would be as well. Does anyone actually look at the lineup and realistically think we have a shot at the playoffs? Not even close

We keep delaying things so itll only be worse. How can we even be better next season with possibly danielson kasper edvinsson soderblom mazur all pretty much rookies at the exact same time ?

Sorry I understand you want to make them earn a spot but you cant really expect some of them to get in when you keep signing and trading for guys you shouldnt(edvinsson should be on the team)

Anyways

All teams need PK guys, which Fischer is. Berggren to date is a secondary scorer who brings absolutely nothing else to the table. Berggren isn't going to be playing PK and teams in the NHL generally don't keep scoring only type players on the bottom lines. There will also be guaranteed injuries this season and Berggren will get plenty of NHL games in this season.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Just to be clear, Berggren was sent to GR and Reese will be here if he clears waivers as the 13th forward.

It is exciting to watch a new generation (of UFAs) start in Detroit. There is always next year.

Last edited:

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
This is literally a depth GR move in case of injuries. Not every move is some diabolical plot to keep your young faves in GR.

All teams need PK guys, which Fischer is. Berggren to date is a secondary scorer who brings absolutely nothing else to the table. Berggren isn't going to be playing PK and teams in the NHL generally don't keep scoring only type players on the bottom lines. There will also be guaranteed injuries this season and Berggren will get plenty of NHL games in this season.
We'll see what happens, either way we should be inserting more kids into the lineup gradually not throwing in 3-5 guys at once which is what will happen next season

We knew edvinsson was coming but we extended maata, gave holl 3 yrs went and get petry with term and got gost. Edvinsson was never going to make the team with all those moves

Berggren for me wouldnt be on the 4th line so I dont care about fischer ... berggren is one of our better playmakers and got 15 goals as a rookie. Last I checked we couldn't score and it wont change much this season

This team will never be competing again until we get some kids in the lineup and clearly show they'll be a part of the future. Its going to be another long season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad