Post-Game Talk: Zach and Elvis put on a show, CBJ shut down FLA 4-1 in Bob's return to NationWide Arena

Will you be drinking tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:panthers

Capture.png

Capture.png

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
3413.jpg

#72 Sergei Bobrovsky
14-10-4 .898SV% 3.26GAA

:cbj

Capture.png

Capture.png

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
6133.jpg

#90 Elvis Merzlikins
0-4-4 .889SV% 3.41GAA

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Numbers and news for tonight's game:

Since losing Columbus 4-1 to Florida, Columbus has been on fire, with points in 10 straight games 6-0-4
Merzlikins is looking for his 1st NHL win, 0 for 8 in decisions this year, although his last loss, taking over mid shootout would be hard to blame on him
Korpisalo is out long term due to the injury he got after the league screwed CBJ over, a big blow to the Jackets, he was 11-6-3 with a 2.15 goals-against average, .925 save percentage since November 1

Either Florida or Columbus could probably be expected to get 100 powerplays tonight after the league screwed Columbus out of both a point and their starting goalie after a
timekeeping error wasn't fixed by either the on-ice refs or the league in Toronto, giving us another epic Torts rant:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They shouldn't fine Torts, they should reprimand/fine the refs who are responsible.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Unfortunately I have to vote no for the poll, as I am not drinking until December 2020.

Didn't the Panthers score three goals on this Elvis goalie last game? I had it down as a close game, but it was teetering on the edge of a no doubt win.

I imagine Bob will be a Stonewall tonight making his return to Columbus.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Unfortunately I have to vote no for the poll, as I am not drinking until December 2020.

Didn't the Panthers score three goals on this Elvis goalie last game? I had it down as a close game, but it was teetering on the edge of a no doubt win.

I imagine Bob will be a Stonewall tonight making his return to Columbus.

Yeah they faced Elvis already and iirc it was a bit close as you said

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Panthers will play CBJ early in February. So this will likely have implications as well

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
6-0-4 in their last 10 and they have 10 guys on the injured list lol

We'd struggle to match up against ECHL teams with 10 guys injured lol

Doesn't even require 10 guys, all it really takes is to Barkov to step on a lego and the Cats are pretty much toast.

Muffin Man's stats would go into a nose dive when he'd actually have to put some effort into backchecking.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I really liked Merzlikins internationally... though I guess the transition from a European league to NHL might take some time.
Would be nice to get another win here.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Doesn't even require 10 guys, all it really takes is to Barkov to step on a lego and the Cats are pretty much toast.

Muffin Man's stats would go into a nose dive when he'd actually have to put some effort into backchecking.

Barkov went invisible when not playing with Huberdeau while Huberdeau has been the main reason Acciari, a 4th line player, scored 6 goals in 2 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad