Zac Rinaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Call me crazy, but I'm willing to see what he does on the ice in a Bruins jersey before I make a judgement. Definitely wasn't my favorite non-Bruin, but who knows what he'll be like under Julien.

He seems to do a lot of charity work according to his twitter... So there's that.

iiBruins17*

I like Rinaldo, i hate the trade though. I hope Rinaldo and Randell are our 4th line wingers

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I can see him getting suspended at least once this season.

Although that doesn't sound like a bad thing, for us anyways.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
the team was dead last year. maybe rinaldo can add some spark. i'd rather they have a 4th line with some specialty guys like rinaldo than have it just be a bad version of all the other lines.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Hoping he redeems himself (no diving or cheapshots, etc). I love some crazyness. Campbell was a better hockey player (which is saying something), but Rinaldo probably won't make me tear my hair out.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Hoping he redeems himself (no diving or cheapshots, etc). I love some crazyness. Campbell was a better hockey player (which is saying something), but Rinaldo probably won't make me tear my hair out.

Campbell was probably the best 4th liner in the league for a couple years before his swift decline, give credit where it's due.

Not a fan of Rinaldo, tends to get his ass kicked when he fights, throws cheapshots way too often but when he's on an even keel he is a pretty good hitter I guess.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I've been on the fence with this one. At first I was a little ticked we made this move but now I am seeing the two potential benefits:

1) He will provide a spark for this team. Last year our team was unengaged physically more often than not. I have yet to see Rinaldo play a game where he has been uninterested in the nasty stuff.

2) He will likely be a deterrent for people taking shots at our young guys we will see playing much more this year (I hope..). I know he isn't exactly the most imposing figure at 5'11" but he is willing to throw down with anything that moves so if you are planning on taking a shot at Pasta or Spoons you know you will need to answer the bell.

I am not expecting him to chip in anything offensively. Honestly, anything over 3 or 4 goals and a handful of assists is fine with me if he continues playing physical and ISN'T a liability defensively (and this includes putting us on the PK for dumb reasons).

I am just going to sit back and :popcorn: because there is one thing about Rinaldo you can't deny - he is entertaining.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
All I can think of is that this team was so lifeless last year that they wanted a **** stirrer.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Claude's going to hate this kid, unless he improves defensively. You can't stop the stupid penalties, that's just the way he plays. Yet, if he plays his part in his own end maybe he can be bearable?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Campbell was probably the best 4th liner in the league for a couple years before his swift decline, give credit where it's due.
I'm obviously talking about 14-15 Campbell. Rinaldo will never be 2010-13 Campbell. Campbell has more balls than Rinaldo ever will. That doesn't really matter right now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have no problems with Rinaldo on the 4th line, guy's 170 pounds and hits harder than anyone on the Bruins roster. He has some decent wheels as well. That said, I didn't like that he was had for a 3rd.

Whatever, that 3rd would probably be nothing anyway.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
or as tough.

He pulled a bad Subban-esque turtle on McQuaid last year.

McQuaid laid a big hit on Voracek, Rinaldo came over and gave him some shoves. McQuaid dropped the gloves and Rinaldo backed away quickly.

Can't entirely say I blame him for that...I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to square off with the Tough Hombre that is McQuaid!

I don't like Rinaldo as player. I am glad we'll have some physicality where it's needed - on the fourth line, in short shifts, instead of it being a Lucic player who seems to have a hard time figuring out if he's a first liner or third liner. Rinaldo will do that much for the team at least. But I AM concerned about the fact that he's a penalty box magnet. I could see him getting a suspension this year, not only for his usually headhunting, but also because he's now a Bruin.

I really, really hated this guy when he cheapshotted Horton, and loved seeing Looch board him two seconds later. Let's just hope this guy can help instead of being a detriment. Maybe he, Talbot and whoever else is on fourth line duty (kelly I guess, IF he must still be a part of this team..) can actually become an anchoring force for the team for once.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
This is a quote from a transcript with Sweeney from earlier today....

We pushed the pick out to 2017, and felt he was a player that, you know, we wanted a little more energy, I talked about playing with a little more energy in our lineup, and it’s ready-made in that regard. He’s a player that’s still young and he plays with a tremendous amount of courage. We need to get him to make sure he finds that line because he’s crossed over it a few times. But he’s got a tremendous enthusiasm for the game, and speaking with him yesterday, was very, very excited about being a member of the Boston Bruins and doing whatever he could to help us win. So you guys are evaluating the prices paid and such, and the rest of us our evaluating the conversations we’re having and what those prices are going to be, so when you find a deal that you feel helps your hockey club, that’s what you’re trying to do.

On if there a skill or un-tapped potential that you see with Rinaldo that he maybe hasn’t done to this point…
Well, we’re certainly hoping that he can continue to move forward in his career. I mean, the skating piece, the courage piece, maybe there’s a penalty killing component to it, but that remains to be seen. Those are all things that you start to - as coaches, I’m sure they’re talking with him and right away they think OK, well maybe we can - there’s more to give from this player than the crash and bang style that he’s accustomed to playing and we’re going to go to work on that.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
****ing useless terrible hockey player that hurts his team and does nothing but help the opposition score goals. Can't contribute offensively or defensively, takes dumb penalties and plays a dirty game.

Not an NHL player, not worth one dime of cap space, let alone a roster spot, let alone a 3rd round pick.

Truly one of the worst players in the NHL.

I'm embarrassed he is on the team.

Aside from all that I like the move.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Needed someone who can create that spark missing from Lucic's game the past two seasons. He can drop them as well which is great news for Chara's fingers. I'm not going to judge him based on that mess of a roster he came from.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
****ing useless terrible hockey player that hurts his team and does nothing but help the opposition score goals. Can't contribute offensively or defensively, takes dumb penalties and plays a dirty game.

Not an NHL player, not worth one dime of cap space, let alone a roster spot, let alone a 3rd round pick.

Truly one of the worst players in the NHL.

I'm embarrassed he is on the team.

Aside from all that I like the move.

:laugh: You always make me laugh :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad