Player Discussion Zac Jones

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
If I am Drury, I approach Gustafsson right now with an extension of 3 years @ $2.25m per season. Get that out of the way.

Next step is to take a hard look at Lindgren and what his value may be in the off-season.

Miller-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Gustafsson-Schneider
if im his agent i pass...4mil is his number

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If I am Drury, I approach Gustafsson right now with an extension of 3 years @ $2.25m per season. Get that out of the way.

Next step is to take a hard look at Lindgren and what his value may be in the off-season.

Miller-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Gustafsson-Schneider
Swap Gus and Jones and it’s ok.

Lindgren will take Goodrows salary. I just can’t see how he’s still here next season with that cap hit.

Reactions: mas0764

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Miller-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Gustafsson-Schneider
Gus is on a 1-year deal. If I'm not mistaken, an extension can't be signed until the new year. Still, I agree with the principal. We've already seen he can step up temporarily to fill the Fox role. There's a lot of value in having that kind of player locked in at a cheap cap hit.

Reactions: egelband

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
No offense but based on your comments I just do not think you get why coaches and teammates love Trouba. There is good reason that he is our captain.

No offense but coaches are sometimes old dinosaurs who don’t get everything right. Spending Trouba’s $8m on 2-3 players who are better at defense than him would be way better than keeping him. “Intangibles” is the fall back of the lost argument.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No offense but coaches are sometimes old dinosaurs who don’t get everything right. Spending Trouba’s $8m on 2-3 players who are better at defense than him would be way better than keeping him. “Intangibles” is the fall back of the lost argument.
Who are these 3 defensemen available to sign for $8 million total who are all better than Trouba? In regards to your ageism there are people both young and old that do not get everything but some younger people assume they know everything. Luckily I'm old enough to know how much I do not know. :)

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Who are these 3 defensemen available to sign for $8 million total who are all better than Trouba? In regards to your ageism there are people both young and old that do not get everything but some younger people assume they know everything. Luckily I'm old enough to know how much I do not know. :)

Ryan Lindgren is way better than Trouba and makes $3m.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Ryan Lindgren is way better than Trouba and makes $3m.
1. Ryan Lindgren is not "way better" than Trouba. SMH :D

2. Lindgren is already a NYR. He isn't available as a unrestricted free agent.

3. Let me know your 3 individual defenseman that are better than Trouba and actually available for us to sign for a combined $8 mill.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
2 individuals for $8M at their current non-UFA salaries is possible. 3 is unlikely.
Re: UFAs - no one knows how much these guys are going to get. At their full UFA price, you can get one player signed to replace Trouba. Zadarov is probably the only player that hits anywhere near Trouba's level. I'm just talking comparables here. You need to list who is even at the same level. You think you can get BETTER players? Again, possible if signing one player. 1 + a scrub? also possible. Two players that are better? no shot. Three players that are better? you're dreaming. Or your concept of BETTER is deeply flawed.

1701288043526.png

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not sure how one can watch the Rangers this year and say Lindgren is ‘way better’ than Trouba, let alone at all.

I love Lindy but he’s been ass this season and is way more replaceable than Trouba and I’m sure being paired with the best dman in the league for years at least partially explains whatever “advanced stats” are being referred to

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not sure how one can watch the Rangers this year and say Lindgren is ‘way better’ than Trouba, let alone at all.

I love Lindy but he’s been ass this season and is way more replaceable than Trouba and I’m sure being paired with the best dman in the league for years at least partially explains whatever “advanced stats” are being referred to
Bit they aren't just stats...... They are advanced!!! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad