Value of: Yzerplan put 18.1 million to Holl, Gostisbehere, Reimer, Compher, Sprong and Kostin

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
laugh-spider-man.gif

And the Yzerplan is? to finish dead last?

With

Chiarot, Gostisbehere and Holl for your D playing night after night,
that will not be very difficult.. lol

You have Olli Määttä as the only one who is good at playing D
and that says a lot, i like Määttä and he has grown to be surprisingly good
with playing his own calm game, but still he is Olli Määttä and not.. lets say someone like Esa Lindell.

I feel sorry for the Red Wings fans.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Yep, because those 3 will be our top 3 D.... OR Seider #1, Walman #2, Maata #3, Ghost #4, Chiarot #5 and Holl #6. And last I checked, the Wings were nowhere close to being up against the cap, not this year, not next year, and they have a total of 6 guys signed for 3 years from now with a cap hit of 31 million. However will they make it??

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
Does Detroit have any cap problems?
Not a single one.

Probably should've thrown 6 and 7 year contracts at Graves and Mayfield so that we would have cap problems when the players that actually matter are well off their ELCs.

Honestly dunno how we're gonna make it, with guys like Edvinsson/Kasper/Wallinder still only making $900K 4 years from now.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Yzerman is not exactly a great GM I've been saying this for awhile.

Lightning were a fluke that he couldn't get over the hump with him there...and then nothing to show so far in Detroit
Yzerman would draft Nikita Kucherov, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Brayden Point, Ondrej Palat, Anthony Cirelli, and Callan Foote, signed undrafted players Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde, and acquire Ryan McDonagh, Mikhail Sergachev, Erik Cernak, Patrick Maroon, Kevin Shattenkirk, Curtis McElhinney and Jan Rutta via trades and contract offers as future cornerstone rosters. Soon, the team would reach the Stanley Cup Finals in 2015, where they were defeated by the Chicago Blackhawks.[73] On June 24, 2015, Yzerman won the NHL General Manager of the Year Award; he was the first Lightning general manager to receive the honor. The team built by Yzerman set franchise records with 50 wins and 108 points during the regular season, and also led the league with 262 goals and 32 home wins.

Just a little cut and paste…

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Well Yzerplan is going to take longer than Detroit fans wanted it to. If it ever works.
I’ve been spoiled watching my beloved Detroit Red Wings hoist the Cup 4 times…I can wait for a bit longer for it to happen again.

I just realized, the whole criticism is that he signed 6 players for an average of $3M per player.

Damn. This is really the best you can do? :laugh:
The only head scratcher is Reimer :huh:

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
I’ve been spoiled watching my beloved Detroit Red Wings hoist the Cup 4 times…I can wait for a bit longer for it to happen again.

The only head scratcher is Reimer :huh:
Reimer's fine. Cheap backup.

I don't really get the Compher one. But I'm also not having a meltdown over cap hits that realistically don't matter at this point.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Back to back Cup champ fluke.

Wut?

Yzerman wasn't GM then and you know, COVID cups.

Bolts were always coming up short with him as GM and now look where the Red Wings are since he took over heading for I believe 5 straight years no playoffs.

Guess the job ain't so easy when you don't inherit multiple hall of famers.

His GM skills were overhyped because he is Steve Yzerman

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
Yzerman wasn't GM then and you know, COVID cups.

Bolts were always coming up short with him as GM and now look where the Red Wings are since he took over heading for I believe 5 straight years no playoffs.

Guess the job ain't so easy when you don't inherit multiple hall of famers.

His GM skills were overhyped because he is Steve Yzerman
Sure. Kinda like Stan Bowman built the Blackhawks, not Dale Tallon. :laugh:

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Yzerman lacking creativity to make good trades. Instead he's resorted to the tell tale sign that a GM is worried about his job by filling roster spots with overpaid free agents.
Creativity isn't the problem. Being a stubborn ass is the problem. Big dick energy and telling yourself you're the smartest guy in the room only goes so far when the guy you've been negotiating with decides he's hit the point of no return.

He's the same guy as a GM as he was as a player. Brilliant man. Difficult to work with. Many such cases

Reactions: Auggie

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Yep, because those 3 will be our top 3 D.... OR Seider #1, Walman #2, Maata #3, Ghost #4, Chiarot #5 and Holl #6. And last I checked, the Wings were nowhere close to being up against the cap, not this year, not next year, and they have a total of 6 guys signed for 3 years from now with a cap hit of 31 million. However will they make it??

Walman #2? Yikes

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad