Yzerman out

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Reveille! said:
I'm going to refrain from using a personal attack, but that was, singlehandedly, one of the most moronic statements ever posted on this board.

The dude saying Fedorov was always better than Yzerman is a tad behind this one. Just a tad.

You only forget ONE thing : I don't give a rat's ass about Fedorov anymore. He pissed me off well enough by spending the year on the beach with Tara Reid. :rant: I can't stand that anti-Russian ass anymore!

mackdogs*

CSKA said:
What can i expect from a canadien board ? :clap:
The Montreal board is only a few clicks away.
And as far as I can see a russian started the **** slinging, wilka.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
mackdogs said:

I didn't start anything, I was just being realistic : that is to say there are a lot of Canadian players that are better than Yzerman, WAY better, and I'm not even counting the fact that he didn't play in a year!

Am I wrong? Is he still Canada's best center?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
wilka91 said:
I didn't start anything, I was just being realistic : that is to say there are a lot of Canadian players that are better than Yzerman, WAY better, and I'm not even counting the fact that he didn't play in a year!

Am I wrong? Is he still Canada's best center?

A team with 18 "best" players isn't going to win you anything. You need scoring, checking, leadership, skill, heart, intangibles, luck, etc... Yzerman still brings a lot to the ice and locker room.

You could have 12 Ovechkins and 6 Gonchars and a well balanced team would beat you every time.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I've already said : bring in Yzerman as an assistant coach if you want, but not on the ice!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
wilka91 said:
I've already said : bring in Yzerman as an assistant coach if you want, but not on the ice!
He has plenty of value on the ice. Few smarter or more dedicated. The one legged man was 4th in scoring on the #2 offense of '03-'04. His leg is probably healthier now than it has been in years. Were he in game shape, it would be a hard choice to leave him off the roster. Very crafty guy.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
whether Yzerman is still a good player or not is another debate ... I wa just trying to prove that I wasn't just bashing him, because I really think he's too bad now.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
mackdogs said:

That's funny. I'm a Habs fan, but I really thought that a good one. I 'lolled'.

But come on. Even Habs fans are more realistic than that. Nobody who actually watches hockey thinks Fedorov will go down as a better than Yzerman. Fedorov is a prima donna and Yzerman is 100% heart and soul. As 19bruin19 said (I don't agree with much of what he says because he's a Bruin fan ;) ) Yzerman is worth more than Fedorov.

Like I said, if he's healthy he would be an amazing 4th line guy for his leadership and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad