Yzerman out

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Ok now, seriously, do you think Yzerman would have been an asset on Team Canada? :lol:

Oil_slick9416*

wilka91 said:
Ok now, seriously, do you think Yzerman would have been an asset on Team Canada? :lol:
lol

yah, i think the team would be better off with out Yzerman.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
lol

yah, i think the team would be better off with out Yzerman.

Exactly. How can a one-eyed 40-year old playing on one leg help CANADA ??? :biglaugh:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
wilka91 said:
Exactly. How can a one-eyed 40-year old playing on one leg help CANADA ??? :biglaugh:

The same way a 37 year old playing on one leg helped the Red Wings in 2002. BTW, his eye is completly healed(In interviews, he has said some times he gets a little bit of glare from bright lights, but the eye is great) and his leg is better now than it was then.

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
wilka91 said:
On the bench. He should be an assistant coach!

I'd rather have Yzerman on the ice for me than Sergei Fedorov. At least I know he'll show up and give 110%.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
shadoz19 said:
I'd rather have Yzerman on the ice for me than Sergei Fedorov. At least I know he'll show up and give 110%.

Yeah and Yzerman need to bring more than 110 % to be better than Fedorov !

espo*

CSKA said:
At 39 with bad knees and eyes maybe.Not at any other point of time in reality

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I'll take either one on my team.

And Wilka, your sh*t gets old man. Find something else to obsess about.

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
CSKA said:

Fedorov's attitude kills me. Yzerman's makes the guys around him better. That's why I'd take him any day. It should take more than just skill to put a player on one of these teams.

espo*

CSKA said:
yeah Not at any other point for sure :biglaugh:
I guess we agree then.A 39 year old Yzerman with a torn body is not as good as Fedorov but at any other point in his career he's a more effective hockey player then Fedorov ever has been with the exception of one year.i mean,Yzerman is going to retire as a legend and one of the best who has ever played the game while Fedorov won't.It's that simple isn't it? The cream rises to the top always.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
cyclops said:
I guess we agree then.A 39 year old Yzerman with a torn body is not as good as Fedorov but at any other point in his career he's a more effective hockey player then Fedorov ever has been with the exception of one year.i mean,Yzerman is going to retire as a legend and one of the best who has ever played the game while Fedorov won't.It's that simple isn't it? The cream rises to the top always.

Yzerman's done more on one leg than many players have on two. Theres no denying Fedorov's talent, and I'm not a pro hockey player, so I can't say for sure, but the impression I get from interviews of Yzerman's teamates is that he is such a good leader, they'd walk through a wall for him. Nobody's perfect, but Yzerman's close.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
cyclops said:

Exactly, anybody who says Fedorov will be remembered as a better player is a fool. In fact, if Fedorov is even playing at 39, people will say Yzerman was better at his age. Yzerman is probably one of the 15 greatest players ever, Fedorov is not even in the top 50.

His presence alone is worth more than most players can give in terms of on ice contributions. And if you could just put him the 4th line, that makes him that much more valuable than most players. The guy is all heart and leadership. He is one of the greats.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Completely agree. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that when healthy, he is still by far the most complete player in the league. Excellent offensive ability, Selke-worthy defensive ability, size/physical play, 110% work ethic, and god-like leadership/class.

I think he's being underrated ( right now, not over his career ). I would rather have Yzerman on my team than alot of players, even some of the ones who are better than him.

espo*

Yep,Stevie y is the man.Fedorov is a damn good player too but won't go down as one of the greats,Yzerman will.

espo*

I think you'd get anyone from any countries board to agree with that except a Russian one.Let's face it,it's true.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
octopi said:
The same way a 37 year old playing on one leg helped the Red Wings in 2002. BTW, his eye is completly healed(In interviews, he has said some times he gets a little bit of glare from bright lights, but the eye is great) and his leg is better now than it was then.

exactly... let them hose yzerman around, they dont know half the facts obviously about him. His eye is 100% fine, his leg is as good as it can be, what else do you want? hell bring more leadership to that team the anyone could times 10

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
wilka91 said:

I'm going to refrain from using a personal attack, but that was, singlehandedly, one of the most moronic statements ever posted on this board.

The dude saying Fedorov was always better than Yzerman is a tad behind this one. Just a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad