Buffalo, NY
"Toss me like pizza dough; and watch me rise...."
-Father Guido Sarducci

f0b64cc83ca326935eb954fc23becf37.jpg

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Unpopular opinion i guess, I thought it had good insights.

I know James Neal and Calgary was not a miss, it was a strikeout. But, at least he acknowledged it and knows he had to step up his game. Unfortunately it had to be with our rival, but at this point you just have to let it go. He’s getting more ice time there, we got a player better suited for the bottom 6.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
If the Pens don't win, I hope neal and the Oilers win the cup this year in Colbys memory.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
If the Pens don't win, I hope neal and the Oilers win the cup this year in Colbys memory.
I'll gladly be selfish and nominate the Bruins as the other team I hope to win the Cup for Colby, their helmet decals are a good touch.
And because I need a Finnish #1 goalie to win the Cup. I don't count Niemi ;)

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I dunno....

Sounds like more egotistical crap from Neal. He can't accept his role as a secondary role player now, and refuses to earn his paycheque doing that. He continues to go on about himself as a "goalscorer".

Neal was absolutely useless in the playoffs last year. I'd even been hyping him prior to that, as he looked like he was slowly pulling it together around January-March of 2019. However, he completely went in the opposite direction in the 2019 playoffs. Neal needs to stop worrying about getting ice time with McDavid and Drasaitl and focus on helping his team win. Hey Neal, how about you pick up a check for once, instead of just focusing on your own goal scoring.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I dunno....

Sounds like more egotistical crap from Neal. He can't accept his role as a secondary role player now, and refuses to earn his paycheque doing that. He continues to go on about himself as a "goalscorer".

All he has is a shot these days. It’s not really wrong to say goal scorer. I can agree about him having a tough time adapting to a role playing role. Pure shooters like Neal are top 6 or bust, especially if they are poor at skating such as Neal.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Unpopular opinion i guess, I thought it had good insights.

I know James Neal and Calgary was not a miss, it was a strikeout. But, at least he acknowledged it and knows he had to step up his game. Unfortunately it had to be with our rival, but at this point you just have to let it go. He’s getting more ice time there, we got a player better suited for the bottom 6.

I guess he’s doing better in Edmonton, but is he really doing that well? He’s pretty awful 5 on 5. Neither Neal or Lucic is very good at this point. Too bad, they both used to be effective players.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not sure why everyone is criticising this because he isn't a star anymore - I always find it interesting to hear what the players have to say, and this was quite a good article IMO

Reactions: Boomstick

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I dunno....

Neal was absolutely useless in the playoffs last year. I'd even been hyping him prior to that, as he looked like he was slowly pulling it together around January-March of 2019. However, he completely went in the opposite direction in the 2019 playoffs. Neal needs to stop worrying about getting ice time with McDavid and Drasaitl and focus on helping his team win. Hey Neal, how about you pick up a check for once, instead of just focusing on your own goal scoring.
You mean like he did last game when he scored one and created another while playing 12:08 on the 4th line last game??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad