Youtube in advanced talks for NFL Sunday Ticket rights

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The NFL is better off making Sunday Ticket a separate streaming service, complete with the ability to buy teams, weeks, and single games a la carte. The all-or-nothing approach has alienated quite many.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Per Wikipedia

For residential customers, this will be the first season that the NFL Sunday Ticket out-of-market sports package will exclusively be on YouTube TV, as well as on YouTube's Primetime Channels service as a standalone subscription option.

The fact that you don't need YouTube TV for Sunday Ticket opens up a world of possibilities. The NFL can gain more subscribers to Sunday Ticket by offering people who can't afford the whole package or can afford it but don't want it the ability to buy games, weeks, and teams a la carte.

Quite frankly, this should be the case. The landscape today is much different from what it was when Sunday Ticket launched in 1994. When it was in its infancy, I could understand a la carte not being an option. But now it's 2023, and this is too good an opportunity to pass up. This would work well in markets that have significant fanbases for multiple teams, like in Youngstown, which is battleground for the Browns-Steelers rivalry.

Reactions: Kirk Van Houten

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The bigger mistake is still not having a standalone RedZone option. I have no need for the full Sunday Ticket package, I watch the Bears on 1 screen and RedZone on another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad