Proposal: You're gonna hate me but...(Steve Ott)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
...how about Steve Ott?

I know he's on the naughty list for B's fans, but the guy is gritty, good defensively, and his chipped in his fair share of points on a crappy Sabres team, plus he's a left handed shot which we apparently need. There's some chatter of him being shopped. I feel like he could give this team a decent spark. He's signed just through next year at 3.2. 5 goals and 13 assists so far

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
NO! you think our lockeroom would accept him, bring him in and our cup chances go down by 70% based on off ice crap alone.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I'd want him just to hear of much of a hypocrite that ****** Edwards is.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Isn't that what he have already?;)

I'm starting to think that way...........but on the Ott deal; I'd do it if Regehr and Hecht were included in the deal. Of the 3 only Ott has 1 more year left on his contract but I wouldn't mind re-signing Regehr for less money.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
That's kind of what I was thinking about, everyone already thinks we're a classless team, might as well embrace it

Ott would need to be reigned in a bit so he doesn't take stupid penalties and or suspensions but as a hockey player and agitator he has value

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
...how about Steve Ott?

I know he's on the naughty list for B's fans, but the guy is gritty, good defensively, and his chipped in his fair share of points on a crappy Sabres team, plus he's a left handed shot which we apparently need. There's some chatter of him being shopped. I feel like he could give this team a decent spark. He's signed just through next year at 3.2. 5 goals and 13 assists so far

First of all nobody could hate you...no matter what...

Secondly I agree 1000%.... we need a spark emotionally as much as we need another scorer.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I'd actually take Ott, and think most Bruins fans would love him in the spoked B, but pretty sure he's been wearing the A in Buffalo and has been one of their few bright spots this season. Doubt they're looking to move him.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
I'm one of about 5 people that would take him on my team... I'd sit him down, tell him to clean it up a bit, but hit everything that moves.
I guess I'm the 2nd of 5 then. I wouldn't even tell him to clean it up as I think you run the risk of taking away what makes this guy effective. If he goes over the line sometimes, so be it. Perhaps the other team gets pissed off and starts **** with us which plays right into our hands. We could use guys like Ott and Kaleta who turn the game edgy and dirty. Nobody is better when the game turns edgy or dirty than the Bruins. It just hasn't happened often enough this year for my tastes.

And contrary to popular belief on this board, the Bruins are not sin free choir boys who are too good or classy to employ such players.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Ott-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Kaleta

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid

I have no clue if that team wins the Cup, but they'd be fun as hell to watch. Badasses combined with **** stirrers. Love it.

averagealex

Jul 24, 2011
Boston
Isn't that what he have already?

;)

Yes but I don't think we're doing as much to earn that hatred as we've done in the past. We're no longer the toughest team in the division. Much of that hate is based on Marchand's annoying playing style and the perception that we're cheap because of the pacioretty incident.

I could forgive Ott for most of the crap he's done against us if we aquired him and he proved his worth.

MassiveHomer

Facts are Irrelevant
May 25, 2011
The Best Place Ever
Boston will be unable to acquire Steve Ott, due to a little known provision of the STrategic Arms Reduction Treaty between the US and Russia, which prevents either nation from stockpiling Knee Seeking Missiles and/or SCUDs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He seems to have shied away from the dirty play. Of course, I'm sure he's still chirping as much as ever, but I have no issue with that.

I'd add him for the right price. He is a good player. I just wouldn't want to overpay.

averagealex

Jul 24, 2011
Boston
Boston will be unable to acquire Steve Ott, due to a little known provision of the STrategic Arms Reduction Treaty between the US and Russia, which prevents either nation from stockpiling Knee Seeking Missiles and/or SCUDs.

:laugh:
Seriously one of the funniest posts I've seen here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

348 posts only??? Do us all a favor, post more, this is great:laugh:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Judging from the main boards, Steve Ott (very confusingly to me), is seen as close to untouchable and many of their fans want to rebuild around him. Not my viewpoint of him, but Sabres fans seem to love him and think the management does too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad