GDT: "You're Everything I Want to Be" Wild@Canes 7:00PM

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So this game may be as much of an insta-loss as the game against the Blackhawks. The Wild are playing some ridiculous hockey right now. How ridiculous?

On January 14th, they were 12th in the Western Conference, only 5 points ahead of Arizona. They actually remained 12th in the conference until February 2nd. Now, a little over a month later, they are 5th in the West, with 77 points. A really good month (11-2-1 in February) with some really poor play by the rest of the West has allowed Minnesota to climb out of a really deep hole.

In an alternate timeline, the Canes could have theoretically done the same. March has the team hosting 11 of the 15 games at the PNC. If they were a bit closer, or if they didn't go 0-for-October, this month could have seen a similar push. None of the teams above them are playing particularly well, and neither the Bruins nor the Panthers seem to want that last wildcard spot. Hell, even Washington is struggling lately. Ah, pipe dreams... :(

Anyway, I'll be at the game tonight. I'll probably be wandering the upper bowl in my Wild jersey, likely next to a guy in a Rangers jersey and a girl in a Red Wings one. Because why not? :laugh:

Here's the lines from practice yesterday, subject to change:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
As a person who has allegiance to both teams playing tonight when one team needs the points and the other needs to not get points you should expect the Hurricanes to win this game 1-0.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Wild played last night and expended a lot of energy. Canes win and win the next 5 too. Cupcake 5-game homer coming up.

Thereby blowing any chance of a top-5 pick. This team is great at winning games that don't matter.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As a person who has allegiance to both teams playing tonight when one team needs the points and the other needs to not get points you should expect the Hurricanes to win this game 1-0.

I already am. I actually decided to go to this game back in January, when the Wild were terrible. I figured by this point, both teams would already be well out of a playoff race, so I wouldn't have to worry about who wins..

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Wild played last night and expended a lot of energy. Canes win and win the next 5 too. Cupcake 5-game homer coming up.

Thereby blowing any chance of a top-5 pick. This team is great at winning games that don't matter.

They were actually very slow last night.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I actually like Nestrasil with the Staals. That's a big line. Nestrasil is the smallest at 6'3", 200 pounds.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think we can conclusively say at this point that Riley Nash isn't a top six guy. But we don't know if Lindholm had a future at center.

Skinner/Lindholm/Semin
Gerbe/Rask/Nash

That's fine and have no problem with those lines you listed either, but Skinner-Nash-Lindholm has had some success in the past as well so it's not that big of a deal to me. Also, there are still 20 games to find out about Lindholm at C as well. Certainly doesn't qualify as 'dumb' to me, but each to their own.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Tonight, we are all Wild. Right?

where-the-wild-things-are-2.jpeg

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Have you ever figured out what it would cost you to fly to Raleigh for a couple nights to go to a game? Total cost.

Just a quick search, the planetickets Stockholm - Raleigh for a return flight is around 5 000 kronor, that is $588. And that is not so much, but hotel, tickets and things like that is not included there. Would be fun to go to some games, maybe next year if it's possible.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Just a quick search, the planetickets Stockholm - Raleigh for a return flight is around 5 000 kronor, that is $588. And that is not so much, but hotel, tickets and things like that is not included there. Would be fun to go to some games, maybe next year if it's possible.

Hotel and tickets shouldn't be too outrageous. The Comfort Suites that's in walking distance of PNC usually has rooms at or below $100.00/night, which includes breakfast in the rate.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

I spent 7,000 on a one way train from Stockholm to Frankfurt once. 5,000 for a return cross continent flight is a hell of a deal.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country

Oh, that's less than I thought it would be from Sweden. Nice trip for approx. a $1000 bucks or so actually.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Just stay with rocky or bd58 for free.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Semin and Rask makes a lot of sense as a combo. Gerbe wouldn't appear to fit great there, but it could work. With some of the playmaking flasehes Nestrasil has shown he could be the ideal winger for the Staals. Great 2nd line. Now about finding a first line.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad