Blue Jays Discussion: You're a Blue Jay! And you're a Blue Jay! EVERYBODY'S A BLUE JAY! (deadline madness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 4m4 minutes ago
Gibbons says Revere will be used in a "platoon-type deal." Likely will hit in the ninth spot, the Blue Jays manager says.

Platoon with Colabello/Valencia at LF I guess. Or maybe just Valencia... I'm not sure how there is room for Colabello on the roster right now.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 4m4 minutes ago
Gibbons says Revere will be used in a "platoon-type deal." Likely will hit in the ninth spot, the Blue Jays manager says.

Platoon with Colabello/Valencia at LF I guess. Or maybe just Valencia... I'm not sure how there is room for Colabello on the roster right now.

I can't see anyway Colabello can be on the team unless we want to lose Smoak to waivers.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Sorry I thought the face would make it clear it was a joke. My bad

I've seen far too many people say that in all seriousness and wonder if they paid attention when he was last manager here to take it as a joke.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sorry I thought the face would make it clear it was a joke. My bad

Hard to tell sometimes. There are those who would suggest it dead-seriously. Even though everyone should know by now that I deal heavily in sarcasm for all thigns, I still stick the smiley on just in case because on occasion I still get asked if I'm being serious when I'm not.

platoon with who? Valencia?

Probably. I can live with that. Wanna keep Danny's bat in the lineup vs LHPs.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
AA killed it this week. He has addressed all of the primary holes in the roster.

Except a 2-3 veteran starter.. Can't be greedy, but we really need Dickey to stay hot now and try to be that going forward. Buehrle gonna Buehrle.

Maybe the plan is to start Sanchez and hope he can pick up where he left off before his injury - he looked good last night. Hendricks to Buffalo rotation to replace Doubront and after tonight decide whether to put Estrada or Hutch in long relief role.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hard to tell sometimes. There are those who would suggest it dead-seriously.

Probably. I can live with that. Wanna keep Danny's bat in the lineup vs LHPs.

I'd almost rather have Danny Boy and Smoak platoon at 1st. You can live with bad D at 1st a hell of a lot more than in the OF IMO. Not sure what Revere posts against lefties.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
If Revere is being platooned I want him to lead off then. Has a 355 OBP and has a 112 wRC+

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
ummm Carrera?

Tepera and Loup/Schultz will go down for Lowe and a BU infielder eventually

C/Martin
1B/Smoak
2B/Travis
3B/Donaldson
SS/Tulowitzki
LF/Revere
CF/Pillar
RF/Bautisa
DH/Encarnacion

BC/Navarro
BIF/Valencia
BIF/Goins
BOF/Carerra

Is what makes the most sense once Travis is healthy, in the meantime bring up Kawasaki for BIF and Goins to 2B.

Also I would eventually like to see Pompey in LF and Revere as the BOF.

LaCarriere

Valencia career vs. L: 137 WrC+

Revere career vs. L: 89 WrC+(54 this year)

Makes sense

That's the only aspect of Valencia's game that he has on Revere though. Revere has the speed and is actually an outfielder. Valencia worries me out there in left.

I'm fine if it's Valencia off the bench or if he starts vs. lefties and then Revere comes in later, but as far as Cola and Carrera are concered they should never see LF again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad