Blue Jays Discussion: You're a Blue Jay! And you're a Blue Jay! EVERYBODY'S A BLUE JAY! (deadline madness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The cheese conversation:

Yost is horrible. Sometimes Gibby does some weird things but he is far better than Yost.

A block of cheese is probably a better manager than Yost.

Debatable since that block of cheese would melt before a game is over in a 110F KC summer heat.

Maybe a block of velveeta yeah, but a good solid block of parmesan? I think I stand by my statement. :sarcasm:

Well, in my defense, We are talking about Yost, so I naturally went with processed cheese as anything else would not be fair to that manager. :sarcasm:

Great, now I'm starting to think about "if MLB managers were kinds of cheeses." :laugh:

Yost would indeed be processed cheese as you suggest. Popular, cited as key for its applications (Yost to the success of teh Royals, processed cheese slices on a cheeseburger or grilled cheese sandwich) but a lot more unappealing and flavorless than people would like to admit.

Gibbons seems kind of like a jalepeno jack. Vaguely southwest/cowboy-ish, seems to have its uses and be likeable, but ultimately you realize there's just not a lot that it works well with and a few things that it would completely ruin.

:sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why is this completely-out-of-hand Yankees/White Sox game the bonus coverage? Why not show us the extra innings in the Seattle/Minnesota game since it's still contested and also Blue Jays relevant.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Why is this completely-out-of-hand Yankees/White Sox game the bonus coverage? Why not show us the extra innings in the Seattle/Minnesota game since it's still contested and also Blue Jays relevant.

I was just thinking that. I've no desire to watch this blowout in CHI.

P.S. Missed your last reply to the "cheese" conversation. It's :laugh:

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
What an outing by Daniel Norris, that needs to be talked about more. Did we end up with the 3rd wheel of our Triple 3?

Syndergaard.

Norris.

Sanchez?

The Lansing Three were Nicolino, Syndergaard, and Sanchez. Norris did not come up with them.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
Whats with these Royals pitchers throwing at peoples heads and acting like tough guys about it after the game? First Lawrie earlier in the year now this? I don't understand how such blatant disregard for players safety is acceptable from this team... Meanwhile our pitchers get ejected on perfectly innocent plays.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
bases loaded (they just intentionally walked someone) , still 2-1 seattle

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Mariners pull ahead 2-1 and have runners on 2nd/3rd with 1 out in the top of the 11th.

Come on Seattle. Jays fans just pumped thousands of dollars into your local and ballpark economy. You owe us one.

and also really? Is angst-watching Norris going to become a thing now too like it has with Syndergaard? It sucks that he's gone, but it's done. This is like stalking your ex to make sure they're not doing better than you.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Really glad the Jays retaliated. You can't let your star player get hit once and then have them throw at his face two more times.

I had a friend's wedding yesterday so I fell asleep before the bench clearing stuff though :(

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Mariners pull ahead 2-1 and have runners on 2nd/3rd with 1 out in the top of the 11th.

Come on Seattle. Jays fans just pumped thousands of dollars into your local and ballpark economy. You owe us one.

and also really? Is angst-watching Norris going to become a thing now too like it has with Syndergaard? It sucks that he's gone, but it's done. This is like stalking your ex to make sure they're not doing better than you.

hey now we have a right to be mad, we traded Norris+ for a 40 year old, trick pit.......oh wait never mind.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm going to follow Norris because I like the guy and want him to succeed

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

or you know maybe people who follow our prospects get attached to them and continue to follow them after they have been traded

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Really glad the Jays retaliated. You can't let your star player get hit once and then have them throw at his face two more times.

I had a friend's wedding yesterday so I fell asleep before the bench clearing stuff though :(

except they didn't retaliate. If I'm retaliating I'm not tossing a jucieball right down the middle(that gets called a ball) and then going after Escobar's shin on a 2-0 count.

I'm going after Hosmer's back on the first pitch.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
or you know maybe people who follow our prospects get attached to them and continue to follow them after they have been traded

Except you rarely ever post about anything but how awful it is that Syndergaard (and now Norris apparently) are gone and how the return wasn't worth it.

RedLeaf099*

So 1 game back of the twins and we play them tmrw on Price's debut infront of a sold out crowd at Rogers Centre. Can't Wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad