Blue Jays Discussion: You're a Blue Jay! And you're a Blue Jay! EVERYBODY'S A BLUE JAY! (deadline madness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Ya...I really don't mind our prospects doing well for other teams. It just shows that we have a really good scouting staff. The Syndergaard one hurts a litle due to the fact that Dickey's Blue Jays career has been wildly inconsistent, but if we go on a big run this year and he keeps pitching the way he has the last little while, it will be easy enough to forget about that trade too.

I want them to succeed too. I'd rather have teams calling for our prospects when they are looking to sell and I want our team to continue to benefit from a good scouting and development staff.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Yost's full comments on the game, courtesy of John Lott

Is Yost and Wolfe going home to cuddle together now? Those throws were as unintentional as the hit on Donaldson and the two that flew by his face. Disgraceful umpiring.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
It's like the Jays just played what was probably their most intense series in 22 years but let's whine and moan because a guy we traded had a good start

Dude isn't coming back. Watch the exceptionally exciting team that we have right now and enjoy the ride.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is Yost and Wolfe going home to cuddle together now? Those throws were as unintentional as the hit on Donaldson and the two that flew by his face. Disgraceful umpiring.

I love that Yost is convinced that Aaron Sanchez, a guy known to have trouble with teh strike zone at the best of times, was somehow able to summon up enough control to perfectly fire a tailing fastball right into Escobar's knee.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Royals: Josh Donaldson is a baby!!!
Josh Donaldson: Oh yeah? *snaps fingers*
Your flights delayed.
#BringerOfRain

Edit: credit to _rallycap on twitter

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
I love how Gibby is the one who takes the high road and says its hard to judge intent and things get heated but w/e

and then Yost chirps in about how Sanchez absolutely intentionally hit his guy, and Wolfe did a TREMENDOUS job umpiring the game. What a clown.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Fully agree with JB here

One thing for Yost to defend his guys, which I absolutely expect. To say Wolf did a wonderful job is laughable. Anybody with any knowledge of the game knows that was terrible umpiring. If it was handled properly there wouldn't have been a Royal batter hit, no bench clearing brawl etc.

Stupid comments from a stupid manager

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You think the Royals are pissed now? Wait until October.

If it's not us, it'll be the Angels looking for blood after getting swept.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Fully agree with JB here

One thing for Yost to defend his guys, which I absolutely expect. To say Wolf did a wonderful job is laughable. Anybody with any knowledge of the game knows that was terrible umpiring. If it was handled properly there wouldn't have been a Royal batter hit, no bench clearing brawl etc.

Stupid comments from a stupid manager

The whole point of the situation that the first warning should never have been issued. After a Royal gets plunked over even close shaved the warning goes out. 1st inning warning is a obvious prima donna ump looking for face time.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Jepsen and Perkins might not be available for tomorrow's game against the Jays. Threw quite a bit of pitches today.

So a depleted pen, extra innings game followed by a road trip for an early game tomorrow against the leagues #1 offense and David Price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad