your ufa targets this summer

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I would have to see who actually makes it to free agency.

Two names that I would have time for would be Wennberg and Janmark, but it remains to be seen if they will make it. I don't know Florida's situation well enough, but I could see Wennberg being a cap casualty down there to maintain space for future Barkov and Huberdeau deals

Reactions: wings95

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
The most important pieces would be:

1. A good partner for Moritz Seider
(Really don't want him to begin
his NHL career with DDK on his side)
2. Jonathan Bernier

Other than that I won't be mad if we bring back Bobby Ryan and Glendening.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
The most important pieces would be:

1. A good partner for Moritz Seider
(Really don't want him to begin
his NHL career with DDK on his side)
2. Jonathan Bernier

Other than that I won't be mad if we bring back Bobby Ryan and Glendening.
would you see alec martinez as a good partner for seider ? shoots left and from rochester hills

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- do you go after 28 year old landsekog ? a swede , a captain that would help reinforce team culture / leadership
- would martinez be good to mentor seider ?
- i like staals hockey iq n ruggedness . wouldnt mind back on cheap contract as a teacher for seider
- like merril back too
- though i would like dekeyser traded as he doesnt fit my design . even if we have to retain ide prefer a merril around instead

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
- do you go after 28 year old landsekog ? a swede , a captain that would help reinforce team culture / leadership
- would martinez be good to mentor seider ?
- i like staals hockey iq n ruggedness . wouldnt mind back on cheap contract as a teacher for seider
- like merril back too
- though i would like dekeyser traded as he doesnt fit my design . even if we have to retain ide prefer a merril around instead

The Avs would be absolutely off their rocker if they let that team break up right now.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Hamilton

Mrazek or Bernier

Edit-> that’s for outside UFAs. I’d be totally cool with Glendening and Staal returning.

Last edited:
Reactions: YpsiWings

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Agree with those saying Martinez. He seems like a great partner for Seider for the next couple of years.

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
would you see alec martinez as a good partner for seider ? shoots left and from rochester hills

I like Martinez but I don't know if he would have interest in signing with us on a shorter term contract.

Probably have to overpay a lot.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I like Martinez but I don't know if he would have interest in signing with us on a shorter term contract.

Probably have to overpay a lot.
if hes seen as an excellent mentor for seider im all for it . its like when murphy n chelios were around for lidstrom to learn from . or yzerman , lirionov around for the twins to learn from . ide like a respected vet there for seider . and if the move isnt there for a ufa ide seriously try to trade for the right vet dman /mentor even if over the hill as next years record means nothing anyway

Reactions: Christoph53

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I love the idea of Landeskog and Martinez but I think both will be looking to stay on contenders not up and coming teams. With that in mind, I wanted to look for guys that will relish minutes and being more of "the guy" on a team. So here is who I look to sign:

Forwards
Zach Hyman- think he's a perfect fit but not sure he may price himself off our team
Phillip Danault- boy would love to see him centering the second line but turned down $5M per
Alexander Wennberg- another good fit guy with talent
Adam Lowry- like this guy a lot and may be the cheapest of the bunch

Defense (LH only)
Mike Reilly- would be a good pairing with Seider
Jamie Oleksiak- he and Seider together would be fun

Goalie
Phillip Graibauer- when healthy, he is really good, but because he hasn't may ring cost down to our level
Jonathan Bernier- just good for the team and good fit here
Chris Driedger- having a really nice year and kind of came into his own in Florida
James Reimer- comparable to Bernier and the others, nothing spectacular but would pair well
Antti Raanta- down year but can be spectacular at times

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Totally agree with those who have said Hamilton, I don’t care which way he holds his stick. He would be my number one target, Detroit has all kinds of cap space overpay to get it done. Hamilton would be the best transition/PP defenseman on the Wings since Lidstrom, would love to sign him.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I've been wanting Martinez or Edler but Oleksiak wouldn't surprise me at all. Having a guy with some sand paper and who isn't a stranger to dropping the gloves wouldn't be the worst thing to pair up with Seider, either.
We need those kind of players who can hit and fight.
The game vs preds DeKeyser levels the pred in front of Bernier and people complain. I was like that is the play I have been advocating all season long. A bit nastiness in front our goalkeepers is highly desired. I loved that play more than a goal.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I love the idea of Landeskog and Martinez but I think both will be looking to stay on contenders not up and coming teams. With that in mind, I wanted to look for guys that will relish minutes and being more of "the guy" on a team. So here is who I look to sign:

Forwards
Zach Hyman- think he's a perfect fit but not sure he may price himself off our team
Phillip Danault- boy would love to see him centering the second line but turned down $5M per
Alexander Wennberg- another good fit guy with talent
Adam Lowry- like this guy a lot and may be the cheapest of the bunch

Defense (LH only)
Mike Reilly- would be a good pairing with Seider
Jamie Oleksiak- he and Seider together would be fun

Goalie
Phillip Graibauer- when healthy, he is really good, but because he hasn't may ring cost down to our level
Jonathan Bernier- just good for the team and good fit here
Chris Driedger- having a really nice year and kind of came into his own in Florida
James Reimer- comparable to Bernier and the others, nothing spectacular but would pair well
Antti Raanta- down year but can be spectacular at times
i dont know any where near every player in nhl and didnt even realize that oleksiak exists . but after seeing this and reading up on him hes become a great option to me too because teams are going to be going after seider .

Reactions: Leadzedder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad