Your top 7 for the 2024 draft

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
With his combination of size, skill and speed, Lindstrom is the potential home run of this draft class. If you can tolerate the health risk associated with taking this player, he’s the one to go with. Regrettably, I doubt in the end, that we will have the choice/ opportunity to draft this player. But if we do, he’s my choice.

Im with you on this one. Lindstrom would be my pick too. If he pans out, hes definitely an home run. Adding another player of his size , a lefthanded center which we need would shore up our top 6 big time

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Hutson - NHL’er, but a minute munching top pairing guy? Unlikely.
Guhle - looks good, but is he top pairing or a #3?
Matheson - 2 mores seasons, over 30. Could be leaving when this draft pick is ready.

Buium - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Xhekaj
Kovy

You could do the same with the forwards. Dach often injured, Roy and Mesar unproven, Newhook has never hit 35 points. Second line questions tho.
There’s a reason that this team is again drafting in the top five.

But times way well be changing.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was really hoping that the Canadiens could have somehow snagged Leo Carlsson in the 2023 draft....
I have a feeling the Lindstrom is going to to go Anaheim again....arghhh!

I am more than ok with Catton though.

Nah, they moved Drysdale to get Gauthier. They took MacTavish and Carlsson. They need to add a stalwart defenseman to their group. Expect Levshunov, Dickinson or Yakemchuk for them. I know Yakemchuk isn't 'stalwart' but he's big and nasty.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Nah, they moved Drysdale to get Gauthier. They took MacTavish and Carlsson. They need to add a stalwart defenseman to their group. Expect Levshunov, Dickinson or Yakemchuk for them. I know Yakemchuk isn't 'stalwart' but he's big and nasty.
I think Yakemchuk may well have a more impactful NHL career than most of the more higher touted defensive prospects available in this draft. His game is built for success in the NHL.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if Yakemchuk is our pick at 5 OA. Not a bit.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That team need Levshunov big time. Their RD depth is basically non existant one of the worst prospect pool at RD also for a rebuilding team.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think Yakemchuk may well have a more impactful NHL career than most of the more higher touted defensive prospects available in this draft. His game is built for success in the NHL.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if Yakemchuk is our pick at 5 OA. Not a bit.
Depends whose still available but yes, he’s a player I’d be very happy with.

Habs would have to immediately trade for a top 6 using 1st and 2nd round picks plus surplus of D to get a very good one (Necas e.g)

Reactions: Runner77

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Hutson - NHL’er, but a minute munching top pairing guy? Unlikely.
Guhle - looks good, but is he top pairing or a #3?
Matheson - 2 mores seasons, over 30. Could be leaving when this draft pick is ready.

Buium - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Xhekaj
Kovy

You could do the same with the forwards. Dach often injured, Roy and Mesar unproven, Newhook has never hit 35 points. Second line questions tho.

Fair.

If Buium is BPA then pick him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Just watched Lindstrom highlights. If the back’s fine then he’d be amazing. Gonna go through the rest of the top guys soon. Only watched Iginla and Lindstrom. I like both but Edge to Lindstrom. It would be like having another Slaf lol. Those 2 with Dach?!? You f***ing kidding me.

Reactions: Habsrule

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Just watched Lindstrom highlights. If the back’s fine then he’d be amazing. Gonna go through the rest of the top guys soon. Only watched Iginla and Lindstrom. I like both but Edge to Lindstrom. It would be like having another Slaf lol. Those 2 with Dach?!? You f***ing kidding me.
Unfortunately, I don’t think we get a chance to draft him unless we move up in the lottery.

What you saw in the highlight package is what everyone with a modicum of hockey knowledge also saw.

Lindstrom is going 2 OA or 3 OA.

• Wow
Reactions: 26Mats and Deebs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Time to talk a lot more about Konsta Helenius......cause if we don't we'll end up with him.....this management seems to always go with the less talk candidates so far on these boards.

Either it was for GM, Coach, 1st in 2022 or 1st in 2023....always the one we talked the less about!
This sounds like you don't want to end up with him? If nothing changes draft position wise he's one of the three players likely to be in the mix.

Helenius Catton or Iginla choose your poison.

• Love
Reactions: 26Mats

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Unfortunately, I don’t think we get a chance to draft him unless we move up in the lottery.

What you saw in the highlight package is what everyone with a modicum of hockey knowledge also saw.

Gotta watch the Dmen still. Hopefully some Dmen go before our pick.

Just watched Demidov and he’s wild. We could very well end up with one or the other.

Catton’s highlights were a little underwhelming just because of the hype but he’s the type of player I’m usually dead wrong about.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
1. Celibrini
2. Demidov
3-4. Lindstrom/Catton

5. Iginla / Heleinus / Eiserman

Up to 4 I'm really happy. Even tho I would love to get 1OA, I would be curious to see who management pick with the 2OA.

With Hughes' comment about wanting more skill and more size, Lindstrom seems to make sense. I worry about his hockeyIQ tho. I see him more in a 3rd center roll, Jordan Stall style, that could be bumped to a top6 if needed.

I really don't get the undersized part about Catton. He's not a physical force, but he looks like a bigger (and cheaper) Jack Hughes to me.

All I need is 1 D to be taken before our pick to be happy. Seems highly likely, way more then all F picked before us.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This sounds like you don't want to end up with him? If nothing changes draft position wise he's one of the three players likely to be in the mix.

Helenius Catton or Iginla choose your poison.

I don't have much of an opinion in this draft so far.....but he seems the less popular candidates on this board as Reinbacher or Slafkovsky were so....

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

It will be interesting to see if HuGo have any interest in Demidov if we're drafting 3rd or later and Demidov is still on the board, but Celebrini amd Lindstrom are gone.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Celebrini

Demidov
Catton
Buium

Lindstrom
Levshunov

Iginla
Eiserman
Parekh
Helenius

Top 6 in some order I'm pretty confident in. It gets a little dicey at 7.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Gotta watch the Dmen still. Hopefully some Dmen go before our pick.

Just watched Demidov and he’s wild. We could very well end up with one or the other.

Catton’s highlights were a little underwhelming just because of the hype but he’s the type of player I’m usually dead wrong about.
When watching highlights, its always wise to be mindful of the level of competition that your targeted player is playing against.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Look at the Canadiens' draft history. The supposed experts are usually wrong more than 60% of the time. That's how Hutson falls to the bottom of the second round and Kotkaniem, Poehling, Juulsen, Scherback, McCarron, Tinordi, Leblanc, Fischer, Chouinard, Ward, Ryan, Brown, Bilodeau, etc, are taken in the first round. Elmer Fudd could have done a better job.

There's a reason Montreal hasn't won a Stanley Cup in over three decades.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Or Tkachuk, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard...

They were all higher than KK on most lists.
JK was around 7th to 10th on most list. Zadina was kind a consencus at 3rd though which woul;d have been an even worse pick. But yeah those guys you listed were usually ranked higher than JK. JK at 3rd was 100% a reach. Not a big one but definitely one.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Or Tkachuk, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard...

They were all higher than KK on most lists.

How can there be 5 different bpa???

I disagree. Zadina always looked very uni-dimensional to me. And a dimension easy to find elsewhere. Not a lot of meats with the bones.

Zadina was considered the 3rd best prospect by most public draft lists.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
How do Demidov and Lindstrom compare to previous drafts?

FYI the new ads on this site are horrendous

Reactions: rahad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad