2) Matthews

Large Gap

3) Chara

Large Gap

4) Rask

Large Gap

5) Brobrovsky, although Vasy from Tampa is trying to climb the ladder quickly

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lots of candidates tbh, look at those guys bounced in the first round who are framed as top 5/10 player, franchise player, players who apparently better then everyone on teams who are still playing, etc.....all gone and were invisible during their short playoff run. Reality check for some no doubt, let the summer of excuses begin.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Matthews #1

This should be good

I don't know if he's the biggest 'choker', since a goalie can have a much bigger impact to 'choking'. But man, Matthews just seems like he doesn't have any fire. He always seems so docile, needs a spark or something.

Reactions: Pens x

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
rinne is the clear #1.

my question is this.. is there a bigger choker that's a goalie than rinne? or just a player in general? rinne not only chokes but finds a way to look plain awful and just let in some of the worst possible goals.

Mr. Brian Elliott

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
1) Rinne

Large Gap

2) Matthews

Large Gap

3) Chara

Large Gap

4) Rask

Large Gap

5) Brobrovsky, although Vasy from Tampa is trying to climb the ladder quickly

List goes into the garbage when you cite Chara of all players. You must have missed how ineffective superstars Matthews, Stamkos, and Kucherov were versus Boston....

Reactions: Estlin

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
McDavid......loser couldn't get his team to the playoffs!!! lol...

Laine might turn into one if he doesn't step the **** up!! The Amish Assasin has turned into the Amish Kitten out there...
Laine isn't really relied upon to do much more than score points, and he's still doing that fairly well. He's not bringing much else, but that's also not really his role

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Laine isn't really relied upon to do much more than score points, and he's still doing that fairly well. He's not bringing much else, but that's also not really his role
he really isn't scoring either...I think I saw he has either 0 or 1 goal in the last 6 road playoff games I believe...that is pretty damn bad for a 40 plus goal scorer...he has been very inconsistent, but if he gets "on" holy shit look out Vegas...

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
he really isn't scoring either...I think I saw he has either 0 or 1 goal in the last 6 road playoff games I believe...that is pretty damn bad for a 40 plus goal scorer...he has been very inconsistent, but if he gets "on" holy **** look out Vegas...
I'd like to see him take the next step too, someone said he might have a back injury at the moment. Who's to know who's healthy and who isn't? It's the playoffs I just assume they're all banged up. Bergeron played with a punctured lung one year, these guys aren't missing games for any reasons.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Matthews was a ghost the entire series. Let his cockyness get to his head and couldn't handle the pressure of the playoffs.
Rinne was so disappointing. Was cheering for NSH but couldnt handle all those goals that he gave up.
Corry Perry sucks.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Yep. Huge expectations. Didnt even make a dent and threw a tantrum by not speaking to media. Leafs lost but at least guys like Marner came to battle.
Reminds me a little of McDavid last year. He really underperformed, too but Drai went into beast mode.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm not comparing them as players, I've just highlighting how McDavid had a very poor playoff performance for the best player in the league (which he is)

McDavid 13gp 5g 4a 9pts

Matthews 13gp 5g 2a 7pts

Not even close, eh?

*Why is one a massive choke job and the other isn't?
If anything, McDavid's showing was worse considering his regular season production.

*Don't worry, I already know why.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
The entire Kings offense.

They went full Thortin. Many jets were secured on the runway from rolling.
Was just about to post something along the same line. Pick any 5 or I guess everybody on LA. Nothing against Marc Andre at all, hell of a postseason he’s having once again. But the Kings didn’t keep any continuous offensive pressure at all.

Reactions: Rorschach

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I don't think choke is the right word most of the time, it gets overused. So instead here are some players who were disappointingly bad:

Rinne - lets in the worst goals, reminiscent of MAF several years ago
Letang - just awful in every way
Giroux - an amazing regular season, his team was outmatched in the series, but the degree that he was dominated by the Crosby line still wasn't acceptable
Matthews - Toronto was on the verge of winning that series, even average play from Matthews probably would have got it done
Doughty - got himself suspended and never seemed to recover from it

I'm not gonna include players who were obviously not healthy like Simmonds or Kessel.

On the reverse side, Kuznetsov has been a revelation for Washington. He hadn't been good enough in the playoffs in his career up until this year. Right now he has more points than Ovechkin and is really driving the play on their line 5 on 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad