Bust

Jul 28, 2016
DOWN GOES BROWN of course was great
Clark's hit on Bell
Nikky B with the OT tip in
Clark squaring off again McSorely after hitting Dougie
Bless you boys
Maclaren and Orr rag dolling 2 Montreal guys at the end of a game
Obscure clip I will look for. A player tried to grab Gilmour for a fight and Gill jumped in and fed him so many lefts at the end of the fight he was begging for a right.

Bolded was great. Fond memories of that game as it’s the last game I got to catch with my grandfather. I remember him light up while watching our boys beat the piss out of the Habs. We won that game decisively if memory serves me correct. He passed away of heart issues a couple of days later.

RIP Papa. Our leafs got it this year!

Reactions: The Iceman

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Orr and Maclaren were beauts
Love to have them on our 4th line 5-6 min a game and split the rest of the time throughout your live up .. I still believe if we had that , our incredible elites would flourish even more and okay with a greater confidence and it would have positive results within a team dynamics...

you are so right my friend!

I was a pretty shit hockey player myself, but the team always rallied after a scrap, win or lose.

we’re seeming to miss that character lately. There’s a reason guys like reaves are beloved by his teammates and fans alike.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
you are so right my friend!

I was a pretty shit hockey player myself, but the team always rallied after a scrap, win or lose.

we’re seeming to miss that character lately. There’s a reason guys like reaves are beloved by his teammates and fans alike.
Totally agree Brotha
Love to have Reaves
Love our smoothies , but they need to be balanced and protected ..
Go Leafs go

Reactions: Cobra777 and Bust

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Bolded was great. Fond memories of that game as it’s the last game I got to catch with my grandfather. I remember him light up while watching our boys beat the piss out of the Habs. We won that game decisively if memory serves me correct. He passed away of heart issues a couple of days later.

RIP Papa. Our leafs got it this year!

Found it for old time sake. 6-0 over Habs
Orr takes a run at a guy who had stolen his stick earlier in the shift.
Throws one guy down, then takes a swing at another.
Then Frazer destroys captain Georges (Who had declined a trade to the leafs so I hate you more LOL)

Reactions: Bust

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The ultimate playoff goal in my opinion. The Leafs are facing elimination in Game six of the finals against Detroit in 1964. Hard Rock blueliner Bob Baun blocks a shot by the legendary Gordie Howe, falls to the ice injured and has to taken off the ice in a stretcher. The game goes into overtime and Baun is back on the ice. He scores from the point. Leafs win the game, take Game seven and hoist the Cup for the third year in a row.

What emerges later is that Baun scored that goal playing on a broken leg. Friends and fellow Leaf fans, the goal in Leafs history.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
And if it’s not the Baun goal, it’s this one... Bill Barilko scores in overtime to defeat the Habs and take the 1951 Cup. Every game in that series went into overtime.

That goal led to the worst fishing trip in Leafs history and then, many years later to the best song in hockey history.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
And if it’s not the Baun goal, it’s this one... Bill Barilko scores in overtime to defeat the Habs and take the 1951 Cup. Every game in that series went into overtime.

That goal led to the worst fishing trip in Leafs history and then, many years later to the best song in hockey history.

D-man moves in and scores an off-balance backhand lifted high to win the Cup. For me, the best goal in Leafs history because it checks so many boxes.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Obscure clip I will look for. A player tried to grab Gilmour for a fight and Gill jumped in and fed him so many lefts at the end of the fight he was begging for a right.

Gill vs. Sydor

I think at 1:18 Sydor spits a couple of teeth out.
also Gill vs Otto

Players didn't know Gill was a south paw until he switched mid fight.

Reactions: The Iceman

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I remember one where Joe Bowen says something like "turn off the lights, this one is over" but I can't find it.

I found this instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad