NFL: Your teams worst loss

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Joe Montana to John Taylor, left side of the end zone. 34 seconds left on the clock. January 22, 1989. I was just a little kid and I was heartbroken. Can picture that play in my sleep even though I haven't watched a Bengals game since 2016.

It turned out that was realistically the last chance the Bengals truly had of winning the Super Bowl, since Mike Brown exerted control shortly after and drove the franchise straight down the toilet. Since he intends on passing the franchise on to other family members once he passes, unless they run into a Rocky Wirtz Hail Mary nothing will change.

Fondest memories as a kid in the late 80’s were the 88 Bengals. That was a fun team to watch, much like the 99 Rams.

Reactions: OmniCube

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
07.jpg

f*** off Rex , Lovie and Ron

Rex never should have started and then they let him throw away game in the rain

Reactions: QueerGirrl

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Most painful for me is the championship in Seattle. Had that game wrapped up and they gave it away. Sherman's rant was the ****cherry on top. The championship against the Giants was bad, too. Lost to a vastly inferior team due to risk averse coaching and Kyle Williams giving new york 10 pts.
Well these two can move on down.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
2011 AFC title game

lee evans barely misses what would've been the GW TD catch and then billy ******* cundiff misses a kick i could make. **** that guy forever

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Super Bowl 37

Seeing the Raiders getting destroyed by the Bucs was demoralized.

Neither team has won a playoff game since that season. Only the Bengals, Bills, Browns, and Lions have gone longer. The Raiders have had 1 winning season since then.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hard to choose for the Broncos, but I think Super Bowl XXIII, Red Miller and Dan Reeves inability to add talent comes home to roost when Doug Williams and Timmy Smith (out of the league in a year) shred the Broncos defense for 35 points in the 2nd quarter.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

By this time, Marino and Johnson were pretty much done so this game was a wash.

The 1992 AFC Championship game against the Bills sticks out because the Dolphins had home field advantage and the Bills were playing in the hot Miami sun. Clearly I thought Miami was going to win....turns out, Miami came out the game flat and was pretty much a Buffalo run off.

Also the 1994 divisional game against the Chargers, how can you be up 21-6 at half time and end up losing 22-21!? Horrific coaching by Shula in the second half, Miami’s ugly head of no running game and god awful defense showed up.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Raider fan, SB 37 I saw coming, I knew Chucky would have the Raider game plan figured out. The AFC championship in Buffalo was also somewhat expected but I did not see the Bills scoring 50 plus.

The game that hits my sore spot the most is the Tuck game, Nuff said!

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
The Eagles had to be the last game at the Vet. I don't think anything else is in the conversation. Tampa Bay had no chance to win that game, it was cold, the Eagles owned them, they wiped out the Falcons the week before, the defense was on a roll. They had it all their own way, and then had a huge start with a big kick return and scored in the first minute. And then Joe Jurevicius happened and it just went splat.
While I agree that Eagles owned Bucs, our D was miles better than Eagles. I don't see suprise here. Just giant and hyped market against "underdog".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad