Your teams head coach, grade him.

Grade the job your Head Coach based off of last year & TC so far.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Are you happy with your head coach and the job he's doing? Grade him based on last year and this year's TC so far. Of course feel free to add comments explaining your grade and what team.

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
Keefe D-

First year head coach, While at times we outplayed Columbus. The end result is we lost and our best players once again did not make a difference. You can't blame the goalie when the team doesn't score a goal. They where often outworked and lost individual battles. While having the clear edge in skill.

Training Camp C

I really like the 3rd line. But unless the big 4 buy in and want to win. It really doesn't matter what the Coach does.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
What exactly the purpose of a poll where we average the ratings of several different coaches and cannot detangle them to make a meaningful statement about any given coach?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Keefe: B

Made some helpful structural changes, redefined the team's identity, proved to be much more adaptable than Babcock ever was, and seemed to build good rapport in the room. Has a lot to prove to bump his grade up, but he was also plagued with abysmal goaltending for most of the season and still had the team playing at a 100+ point pace prorated. Seems like the right coach for the team right now, given the personnel on the roster.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Jeremy Colliton, CHI, F. He's still an AHL coach until he proves something. To be fair, his roster is AHL quality, too.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keefe
B
The team improved immensly offensively, and showed growth defensively. The PK was fantastic too. Despite injuries to key players and bad goaltending, Keefe managed to keep us float. The team also played well in the play in but were outgoalied. Can give only a B until there is playoff success though.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Bednar
upload_2021-1-8_11-38-9.jpeg

Yeah thats an A

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Evason gets a C I guess, because he doesn't have any NHL experience. His players seem to like him, but I have questioned a couple of his decisions, so we'll see how things go in his first season.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Tippett, B-

Had to pick B but I'd say the lower end of the spectrum. Has an obsession with Smith even though Kosk is the better goalie, and suffers from the usual vet loyalty BS. Seems to be better with players/lines than TMac, would say he's pretty average. Special teams improved a bunch under him, so props for that.

EDIT - reading the posts it seems B- is way above average :laugh:. Everyone thinks their coaches are junk or what?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
David Quinn - B

I may be biased because of his charisma, powerful voice & the fact he looks like either Superman or someone who plays a president in a movie. :laugh: I think he's got some players to grow tremendously with his tough love, I remember I compiled a list of players he scratched and their stats in the games following and it was a night & day difference. He's a great development coach, we'll see how he does in leading a team into the playoffs; but I'd like to give him a long leash and see him grow with the team as he is a younger & inexperienced coach.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Travis Green, he's still fairly new at this level and learning on the job so I cut him some slack with a solid B. He plays a fairly up-tempo and open style which was a welcome breath of fresh air after the dull-as-dishwater style the last guy had them playing. He has them playing a VERY unstructured way which especially shows up on defence, if they get running around in their own zone it is straight-up ugly and you just gotta pray for the best. Still more bad changes and too-many-men calls with this staff than I like to see. He is widely regarded as an up-and-coming coach and I definitely think there is a good match between his personal coaching style and overall attitude and what the team needs to be getting from its coach, they are a good fit chemistry-wise and that's the biggest strength. But, he has some areas he can improve for sure.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
DJ Smith

B? Hard to judge with what he's had to work it but he seems to have gotten the most out of players so far

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Keefe
I voted B but I wanted B- or C+.

Small sample size, great winning percentage regular season, disappointing playoffs.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Tippett - A

The most underrated coach in the league. He adapts to whatever his team is good at, and just finds ways to win. Our goalies crapping the bed in the playoffs last year doesn’t change that

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
DeBoer: C

Mostly fine. Got the team to the conference finals but then again it's a pretty good team. And got the team playing hard again in response to VGK getting complacent under Gallant.

What kills me is he didn't really make adjustments against Dallas, or Vancouver really (they basically eked by overcoming Demko). Vegas' offense became predictable under Gallant and DeBoer didn't really do much to correct it when it mattered. It's my biggest concern going into next season. Everyone thinks the biggest question mark is our center depth but really it's our offensive predictability. All a team has to do is collapse low with active sticks in the passing lanes and it will force Vegas to try their shots almost exclusively from the perimeter unless they succeed in a counter attack. Really hope DeBoer figures it out.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I gave Tippet a C because he separated the best/hottest line in hockey going into a best of 5 series in the play ins. It made no sense at all. And it ended up being a terrible decision.

Reactions: BertMcDrai

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I gave Tippet a C because he separated the best/hottest line in hockey going into a best of 5 series in the play ins. It made no sense at all. And it ended up being a terrible decision.

Thats exactly what I wanted to say and how I have graded him...I have still a little bit hate in me cause the decisions he made during the play ins and that includes Smith starting in game 1...In the RS there is not much to complain.

RS: A-
Playoffs/Playins: E
Makes overall: C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad