Your teams All heart starting five

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
In the history of your team who are the 5 guys (include Goalie for 6 if you want) that had the most heart.

For the Blues

Sutter-Unger-Hull-I had Mellanby when I did this one the Blues board but thinking back on all the abuse that Hull took scoring I will put him

Barc Plager-Bob Plager

Hall

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Lindsay - Yzerman - Howe
Konstantinov - Chelios
Sawchuk

Wow, that's pretty impressive.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

For the sens

Randy Cunneyworth-Mike Fisher-Andre Roy

Chara-Lance Pitlick??

Tugnutt

Burnaby_Joe*

Forsberg Sakic Deadmarsh
Bourque Foote
Roy

Could throw Ricci and Lemieux in there.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Dallas franchise (not including the NS era):

Morrow-Carbonneau-Keane
Sydor-Ludwig
Turco

HM: Downey, Churla, Hogue, Belfour (he may have been half-nuts, but I never doubted his passion. His propensity for cough medicine, yes, but never his passion), Hull, Lehtinen

When you build your team with grinders, you always have heart.

skillplayer84

Apr 18, 2005
my teams

Team Canada 1980s grant fuhr. paul coffey - ray bourgue. larry robinson - some other guy. gretzky - tocchet. Cccp -1970s-1980s. Vasiljev-fetisov. Bykov-khomutov-makarov. larionov-zhluktov-kapustin. petrov-kharlamov-mihailov.Finland 1995 team Myllys. Jutila-niinimaa. peltonen-koivu-lehtinen

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Kritter471 said:
Dallas franchise (not including the NS era):

Morrow-Carbonneau-Keane
Sydor-Ludwig
Turco

HM: Downey, Churla, Hogue, Belfour (he may have been half-nuts, but I never doubted his passion. His propensity for cough medicine, yes, but never his passion), Hull, Lehtinen

When you build your team with grinders, you always have heart.
Great point on Belfour, even though I hated him because he played the majority of his career with teams that are Rivals of the Blues I always respected the guy because he was as you said a hell of a competitor.

Talking about Keane, St Louis seems to be the only place that he didnt fit in. Makes no sence because everywhere else he has been a respected leader.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Egil said:
I like it except for Roy. Replace him with Buddha man Tom Chorske :)
I like the Roy pick because of the toughness he provides and he isnt a bad player he played games in the finals last year for the Bolts.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Jadakiss said:
Forsberg Sakic Deadmarsh
Bourque Foote
Roy

Could throw Ricci and Lemieux in there.

For heart I'd swap Ricci and Sakic. Sakic had the skill and was clutch but Ricci was a gamer. You don't get that ugly without heart. :biglaugh:

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
norrisnick said:
Lindsay - Yzerman - Howe
Konstantinov - Chelios
Sawchuk

Wow, that's pretty impressive.

Don't get me wrong Konstantinov was a great player, but how he he an all heart player? I don't think that getting into a car accident really means he played with heart.

Canucks

Smyl - Linden - Cooke?
Snepsts- Murzyn
Brodeur

I am likely missing most of the 70s and 80s although with the canucks that might be a good thing.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
For the Oil

Buchberger Messier Hunter

Fogolin Lowe

Very good five Buchy, I was a big Glen Anderson fan I would probably sub him for Hunter.

On D just for the toughness I would put McSorley

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Benton Fraser said:
Don't get me wrong Konstantinov was a great player, but how he he an all heart player? I don't think that getting into a car accident really means he played with heart.

Canucks

Smyl - Linden - Cooke?
Snepsts- Murzyn
Brodeur

I am likely missing most of the 70s and 80s although with the canucks that might be a good thing.
Like your list but what about Scott Walker.

Good discussion here guys.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Benton Fraser said:

Ask the guys he played against. He was tough as nails. Detroit hasn't matched his presence on the blueline since. Hatcher might at 6'5 235lb, but one thing to remember is that Konstantinov was only 5'11 180lb.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Benton Fraser said:
Not long enough with the Canucks

I felt bad about putting Cooke there actually for the same reason.... but he has scored so many clutch goals he had to be there.

I got ya, hopefully Walker will make a list for the Preds.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
norrisnick said:
Ask the guys he played against. He was tough as nails. Detroit hasn't matched his presence on the blueline since. Hatcher might at 6'5 235lb, but one thing to remember is that Konstantinov was only 5'11 180lb.
I know he was a pain in the ass every time that the Wings played the Blues and I think he fits here very well and I have a bias against the Euro player when it comes to the issue discused in this thread.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
c-carp said:
Very good five Buchy, I was a big Glen Anderson fan I would probably sub him for Hunter.

On D just for the toughness I would put McSorley

I love Glen Anderson and feel his ommission from the Hall of Fame is criminal. He's punished for the fact that there was so much skill on that team.

I had considered him for the wing spot occupied by Hunter, but felt some might accuse me of confusing dirty with a big heart. You gotta admit, you love a dirty player when he's on your side. ;)

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
I love Glen Anderson and feel his ommission from the Hall of Fame is criminal. He's punished for the fact that there was so much skill on that team.

I had considered him for the wing spot occupied by Hunter, but felt some might accuse me of confusing dirty with a big heart. You gotta admit, you love a dirty player when he's on your side. ;)
He scored some big goals in his brief stint with the Blues. He was always clutch and I also think he should be in the hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad