Your teammates hate you

ComradeChris

May 15, 2010
ITT: Why would your team mates hate you?

I'm a completely different personality from the rest of my team. I use the phrases top shelf, poise, and goals; they all use bar down, swag, and ginos. They all listen to country. I listen to metal and rock. They have a sense of entitlement; I expect nothing from anybody. They chirp and I ignore it. I'm just there to play for fun and they are trying to win the league. I'm short and they are taller.

How long could you stay on a team that hates you?

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
All you've told us is how they're different from you. You haven't written a single thing that demonstrates hatred. What do they do that shows that they hate you? Do you mean they're chirping you or the other team?

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I have a tendency to swear a lot and never shut up when it comes to playing... Granted I'm the equivalent of a 3/4th liner but it makes people so mad. My teammates hate that I act like I have a huge ego to piss everyone off.

Green Blob*

Most of my teammates like me but i'm sure some of being fake and hate me, don't really care.

I come off a little arrogant at some points , I think i'm the best defenseman on the team but im not some sort of all-star in the league, I guess I bring the same attitude i brought when I WAS the all-star in my other league playing offense on a lower level team (still good competition). I think more of those guys hated me cause it was to the extreme, but I kept putting in goals so i was having fun.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
oa088.jpg

Superstar Treatment

Sep 20, 2009
732 Jersey
To OP, I quit a decent team because of all the "flow" "sauce" and "ginos/apples" talk so I totally see where you're coming from.

Now, to bring up why teammates hate you, I didn't get called back the next season for a team cause I don't feel every time you take possession of the puck you should fly up the rink like chickens with your heads cut off. So as a defenseman I'd regroup if things weren't open to move the puck up the rink. I'd get yelled at on the rink but I wasn't about to play a way I don't consider comfortable or smart.

leftwinger37

Jun 7, 2011
"Great Lakes State"
Are you new to this team? How old are you?

Hockey players tend to have a pack mentality. If these guys know each other really well/have been playing together for a long time, it's easy to feel like you're from another planet at first. But I assume that you're on the team for a good reason.

My point is that as long as you can play and you don't act like a total d-bag, both you and the rest of the team should be able to put your differences aside. On the flip side, if you prove yourself on the ice and they still treat you like an outsider, it might be time to find a different group.

I've been playing hockey for about 23 years and have played with people from all walks of life. Well over half of them I would never hang out with outside of the rink. But come puck drop, if they had my back and were all-in on the team concept, they were alright by me.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
To OP, I quit a decent team because of all the "flow" "sauce" and "ginos/apples" talk so I totally see where you're coming from.

Now, to bring up why teammates hate you, I didn't get called back the next season for a team cause I don't feel every time you take possession of the puck you should fly up the rink like chickens with your heads cut off. So as a defenseman I'd regroup if things weren't open to move the puck up the rink. I'd get yelled at on the rink but I wasn't about to play a way I don't consider comfortable or smart.

You quit a team because of modern hockey lingo?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

How dare you do a regroup in beer league hockey!

You quit a team because of modern hockey lingo?

The people who use those terms are generally pretty annoying I've found and I'm fairly young, so I don't blame him.

RJ8812*

My teammates are all jealous of my hair.

bad-hair-day2.jpg

When I played minor hockey, I didn't like half the players on my team. I would never hang out with them outside of hockey. They were annoying, arrogant, d-bags that all thought they were going to play in the NHL one day. I know that some of my teammates didn't like me either, but the feeling was mutual so there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

I remember I played with this one guy in particular from novice until pee wees. Huge ******. He was actually a pretty good player though (ended up playing in the O but decided drugs were more important, waste of talent) but he was just an arrogant dick. When we were allowed to hit, we used to always feed him suicide passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Whipping out their cell phone as soon as they get to the locker room to see if the score keeper made any mistakes is more annoying. As for the OP, who cares. Play your game, watch the other guys on your team closely, pick up all their tendencies so that when you switch teams, which eventually you will, you can lay the wood to each and every one of them and leave them in a crimson mask of blood! The enemy deserves no mercy, mercy is for the weak.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
ITT: Why would your team mates hate you?

I'm a completely different personality from the rest of my team. I use the phrases top shelf, poise, and goals; they all use bar down, swag, and ginos. They all listen to country. I listen to metal and rock. They have a sense of entitlement; I expect nothing from anybody. They chirp and I ignore it. I'm just there to play for fun and they are trying to win the league. I'm short and they are taller.

How long could you stay on a team that hates you?

It sounds to me like you hate the team and not the other way around.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
They hate him because he won't celly with them when they do sick dangles dusting the benders and then go top cheese bar down for the gino.

Haha. This modern lingo is so lame because these kids are just trying to fit in and do what they think is the "cool" thing to do. They're "bros" in the most pure form.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i've been playing for 10+ years and have never heard any of those stupid terms aside from "flow" and "celly". and btw, i like to think that i do have a nice flow myself :yo:

but anyone who consistently uses that "new lingo" is more than likely a major d-bag, and there are plenty of them in this sport as i'm sure we all know

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
i've been playing for 10+ years and have never heard any of those stupid terms aside from "flow" and "celly". and btw, i like to think that i do have a nice flow myself :yo:

but anyone who consistently uses that "new lingo" is more than likely a major d-bag, and there are plenty of them in this sport as i'm sure we all know

You're going to find d-bags in every sport and recreation, I'm afraid ;) I know when I'm at school studying near the science kids playing Magic the Gathering, they say some pretty nasty things to each other!

I think a lot of people use the lingo somewhere between as a joke and half-seriously, which I'm okay with!

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
They hate him because he won't celly with them when they do sick dangles dusting the benders and then go top cheese bar down for the gino.

Yeah, the guys on my team (including me) absolutely would not put up with that ********.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I don't like the lingo, but I don't mind when people use it. As long as you have some people you do like and have fun while playing who cares?

I find people who make a big deal about lingo to be kind of annoying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad