GDT: Your Round #2 Stanley Cup Playoffs GDT

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Tampa Bay vs. Florida - obviously rooting for Tampa Bay in this one. Should be a tough series. The Bolts endured Toronto's high-octane offense in the first round, albeit just barely, and really seemed to put it together in game 7 with a tight-checking game. However, Florida has better depth than Toronto; on the other hand, they looked beatable against Washington in the first round. Bobrovsky is a little unpredictable for me. He played well enough to win a series in the first round against the Capitals, but can he stand the test against the Bolts? We shall see. Should be a fun one. The nature of Brayden Point's injury will also be a big variable. I don't know what's going on with this one yet.

Carolina vs. NY Rangers - going for Carolina in this one. I've been adopted by the Canes board for the rest of the playoffs, but would be going for them anyway (rt is disappoint). I don't quite know what to make of the Rangers, or Shesterkin, even. Carolina has a solid lineup top to bottom. Raanta, as we all know, is quite good when he's actually healthy. The Hurricanes should come out of this one in 5 or 6 I'd say.

Onto the west... which I barely watched any of because I'm old woman Jenkins now and go to bed and wake up early. When I did actually try to stay up to watch a western conference game, more often than not, I fell asleep during the game.

Colorado vs. St. Louis - I have to root for the Blues because my sister is a Blues fan, but I don't really see them getting past Colorado. Because of what I said about the west, I can't really say why other than the obvious.

Calgary vs. Edmonton - f*** Mike Smith. That is all.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Tampa Bay vs. Florida

Before the postseason I would have said Florida all the way, but after watching the first rd I'm not so sure. Florida looks vulnerable while Tampa continues to demonstrate that they just know how to win when it counts. Should be a fun series.

For the other series I'm going Carolina, St Louis, and where's Canada?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I always enjoy watching Toronto and Edmonton lose. Almost as much as I enjoy the Jets not make the playoffs.

Shadenfreud Paradise!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I was just going to mention that the Duke hasn't done much in the playoffs.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Absolutely sick assist by Kucherov

Also note that Chiarot doesn't skate well enough to get into position after Kuch dekes past Ekblad... not a great look. Let's see how this pattern continues (usually Kuch attacks from the other side though, he's a RW)

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I say Interference on the 3rd TB goal. These refs suck. Totally blew the earlier interference call. Missed the head butt. Missed the puck out of play. Ugh.

Reactions: PainForShane

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Now Mike Smith doing that coyote thing.

I had to pull out this vintage gif
1652927113072.gif

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Damn I didn't know Mike Stone was still in the league.

And damnx2 I didn't realize it was 12 years ago he came in to the league with us. Yikes time certainly does fly.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Good to see him moving more fluid on that knee. He was awkward for some time after the surgery.
Shit, it didn’t look good as new on that last Oiler goal (#3), but still much, much improved.
Edit: he wouldn’t have been able to prevent that goal, even before the surgery, it just showed it wasn’t as good as new.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad