Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BourqueChara

Oct 16, 2020
trade Debrusk and Moore and maybe a pick for if needed for Holtby and Schmidt. sign Blake Coleman for 16 million at 4 years,McCabe 27 year old left D and Krejci for a one or 2 year deal. who wouldnt want Coleman taking debrusks spot on third line.Tuuka thanks for the memories.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Neither will make it to UFA but its always fun to dream.
Well I didn't think Landeskog would... and here we are.

That said, I don't really fully disagree, it would be foolish for either team to let that happen. But it wouldn't be absurd for it to happen either. Bruins chances on either are probably likely not that high, as I don't see how either guy has ties to this organization.

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Yep, for the me the play in Buffalo was Reinhart. Either the Bruins didn't offer enough or the Sabres were reluctant to trade again with Boston , at this point it really doesn't matter.
No need to panic now into a bad deal , if Krejci doesn't resign perhaps Dvorak is still in play at a fair price if not ,its not the end of the world as some here want to think and also does not automatically turn into a lottery pick situation.

Sabres may have also liked the Levi prospect better than what we offered (whether or not we agree it was a better offer is moot, if Buffalo gets their guy).

Considering Sabres have been rumored to be asking for a lot, Levi must have been valuable to them, because the Bruins surely could have matched a 1st; the prospect part is probably debatable depending on what they wanted. If Swayman was the + in the ask, no way I'd personally pull the trigger on that. That's just a guess at least.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Such as he's out of a job and will accept less ? - I doubt it , there are reportedly multiple teams interested if his agent is smart he's not taking a big discount.

I mean his list at least seems to be limited to contenders so he isn't out there trying to squeeze every last penny.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
On Cap Friendly... Landeskog is listed as an LW/C. I know he's usually a LW on the Avs, but has he played C at all that anyone can recall?

Gabriel Landeskog Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

That said... he'd be an interesting guy to throw money at if he can play C, just don't remember him actually doing it.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hall - Landeskog - Smith

Gabriel Landeskog stats - Colorado Avalanche - Puckbase

His career breakdown of face-offs.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

Seems like he's taken a fair amount... I mean... if we are throwing money at a guy (or would trade assets for a guy like Eichel), instead I'd see if we could fetch Landeskog as a C. He'll have plenty of solid wingers (weird to say for Boston), and he'll likely be the defacto #1 when Bergeron rides into the sunset.

Build around Swayman, McAvoy, Landeskog, and Pastrnak fo the future. The next ones.

Anyways, this seems highly unlikely, but one can dream.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Seems like he's taken a fair amount... I mean... if we are throwing money at a guy (or would trade assets for a guy like Eichel), instead I'd see if we could fetch Landeskog as a C. He'll have plenty of solid wingers (weird to say for Boston), and he'll likely be the defacto #1 when Bergeron rides into the sunset.

Build around Swayman, McAvoy, Landeskog, and Pastrnak fo the future. The next ones.

Anyways, this seems highly unlikely, but one can dream.

Love the idea. I truly didn’t think he’d legitimately test FA, so I kind of put the idea out of my mind and hoped they’d go big in FA next summer.

If he’s truly available, why not go hard after him this year?

Even if Krejci wants to come back for a year it’s workable.

Bergeron line
Hall Krejci Smith
Landeskog - Coyle - Studnicka/FA

or have Landeskog center line 2, don’t sign Krejci and use his money for a Palmieri/Saad.

Beregeon line
Hall - Landeskog - Smith
JDB - Coyle - Palmieri/Saad

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
trade Debrusk and Moore and maybe a pick for if needed for Holtby and Schmidt. sign Blake Coleman for 16 million at 4 years,McCabe 27 year old left D and Krejci for a one or 2 year deal. who wouldnt want Coleman taking debrusks spot on third line.Tuuka thanks for the memories.

Really doubt you’re getting Coleman with an AAV beginning with a 4

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
On Cap Friendly... Landeskog is listed as an LW/C. I know he's usually a LW on the Avs, but has he played C at all that anyone can recall?

Gabriel Landeskog Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

That said... he'd be an interesting guy to throw money at if he can play C, just don't remember him actually doing it.

Hall - Landeskog - Smith
The Avs have been looking for a 2C for so long don't you think they would've slotted him there by now? He's a winger not a center.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

Hall - Landeskog - Smith
In the NHL, Landeskog has played 8,717 of 10,023 total minutes at 5-vs-5 (87%) with: Ryan O'Reilly, Paul Stastny, Carl Soderberg, Matt Duchene, and Nathan MacKinnon.

If he has played any Center at the NHL level, it's been very minimal.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I’m wondering if Sweeney is going to be focusing on one year deals to keep his options open for next year. It may be tough to swallow right now but absolutely genius next offseason.

Krejci, Johansson, Kase up front
Suter and McCabe down low
Moore for Holtby

Could be another 2006 off-season if they do it right. Lots of good names out there.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
4 years? at 36?

4?

7BED9CD6-5AAF-475C-99DB-7D770A8CB466.gif

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
In the NHL, Landeskog has played 8,717 of 10,023 total minutes at 5-vs-5 (87%) with: Ryan O'Reilly, Paul Stastny, Carl Soderberg, Matt Duchene, and Nathan MacKinnon.

If he has played any Center at the NHL level, it's been very minimal.

Not arguing….just wondering.

If he took over 500 face offs in 54 games this year, that’s about 9 per game.

Kind of a lot for someone who isn’t a center?

Unless he just takes a ton of draws for some reason and then shifts to LW…which is odd, IMO.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad