Equipment: Your recent purchases

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
Thanks AIR!

I usually do not buy gloves online, but my local shop do not have the stealth line, they are loaded with EQs, but I do not really like those.

I kinda have small hands, so have a weird preference in gloves. How do the 85S compare to the Surge's fit?

hyster110

Mar 21, 2011
bought a EQ50 stick, zetterburg curve, 100 flex and i love it. very solid stick, nice flex profile and so far has taken a beating. not sure about the weighted cap but the balance is quite good as well

Last edited:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Quite different. The Stealths have an odd fit. Much tighter and narrower fingers/thumb than your Surges and tighter on your knuckles. The Stealths bloom out from there to the cuff, which is where I think the problem is.

HockeyStickHomicide

Registered Abuser
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Lol... i was hoping the other goalies posters on this board would recognize it without me specifying...

its an Itech 960 made by Wright Designs... wayyy better than crappy retail Bauer 960/961 that are being made now. fingers still crossed that it's actually one made by Jerry Wright himself but I am not getting my hopes up.

When I get the mask I am going to re-pad it with new foam and slap on a new white cat eye on it.

Nice! Im not much of a helmet nerd. Try to look at the masks in the gsbb identify thread, but Im still lost. lol.

Clean'er up and lets see what she really looks like.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I got some CCM PP9L Ref Pants the other day...

Got a size small, thinking they'd be great for my 30R Waist... Turns out they're about 8" too long/wide...

Cheers for that, you fat Yanks ;)

Gonna try and get the new Krown 360 at some point, ideally before Christmas to replace my ageing 8K.

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
Quite different. The Stealths have an odd fit. Much tighter and narrower fingers/thumb than your Surges and tighter on your knuckles. The Stealths bloom out from there to the cuff, which is where I think the problem is.

Thanks man, the shop has a good return policy, so if it will not fit I'll just trade for another one. :)

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Nice! Im not much of a helmet nerd. Try to look at the masks in the gsbb identify thread, but Im still lost. lol.

Clean'er up and lets see what she really looks like.

yeah cant wait!

probably gonna have to spend 5 times more on refurbishing than on the actual mask :laugh:

TLow97

Aug 15, 2012
Twin Cities MN
Planning on purchasing some inserts for my Reebok 12K skates. It's mainly for my right foot, of which I've been feeling some pain for about a month. Been on the right side of my right foot, about 2/3 way to my heel. Any suggestions for someone w/ flat feet?

Aucoin11*

Planning on purchasing some inserts for my Reebok 12K skates. It's mainly for my right foot, of which I've been feeling some pain for about a month. Been on the right side of my right foot, about 2/3 way to my heel. Any suggestions for someone w/ flat feet?

Apparently superfeet really help with flat feet. I've been on the search for superfeet but it appears they aren't sending out inventory at the moment? Neither of my proshops have received their order in a while.

Bengerm77

Aug 9, 2012
I just bought an old (new old stock) Mission Thorax wrap girdle to do the job of protecting me both one wheels and ice. I haven't worn ice pants, but I imagine they're just as substantial as some of the cheaper ones out there and can definitely do the job.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Apparently superfeet really help with flat feet. I've been on the search for superfeet but it appears they aren't sending out inventory at the moment? Neither of my proshops have received their order in a while.

Not necessarily true. SF has nothing to do with arch levels; it's a heel support product.

It really does depend on the person.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Ive worn SuperFeet and have flat feet. its OK. Not phenomenal like many say. Pain would come and go still. But not as often as i used to when i didnt have them.

But i recently purchased Custom Graf Sidas insoles... LOVE them. MUCH Better. I believe i paid 90 for them. I think it was worth it. The few times i have skated in them so far, no pain and a good ride.. So its going well.

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
Actually the 85S gloves are keepers for me. I kinda like the tight fit on the hands, and the loose cuffs give some room to stickhandle. It is a bit restrictive when bending the hand back, but all my gloves got softer over time, so I am thinking it will be just perfect as soon as it's broken in.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
IMAG0273-1-1.jpg

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Not necessarily true. SF has nothing to do with arch levels; it's a heel support product.

It really does depend on the person.

for the first time, i'm actually gonna have to disagree with you there. superfeet's philosophy, along with many other custom orthotic companies, relates to the foot's role in body alignment. this does include proper arch support as well. you cannot have proper alignment of the feet, and therefore body, without proper arch support.

so although their products aren't designed soled for the purpose of arch support, it would incorrect to say they have nothing to do with arch levels.

(i do some work with custom orthotics)

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
got a 6 pack of blank bauer 4500 goalie sticks!

set for a long time with sticks (have 15 at home, lol)

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
for the first time, i'm actually gonna have to disagree with you there. superfeet's philosophy, along with many other custom orthotic companies, relates to the foot's role in body alignment. this does include proper arch support as well. you cannot have proper alignment of the feet, and therefore body, without proper arch support.

so although their products aren't designed soled for the purpose of arch support, it would incorrect to say they have nothing to do with arch levels.

(i do some work with custom orthotics)

Well reasoned. I should rephrase that first statement to say this instead:

SF Yellow is/was not designed as an arch support product (comparing where the arch structure is on the footbed compared to your own foot's arch reveals a backwards shift in the footbed's placement) but rather a heel support product with the arch structure built in not to support it solely, but to try and maintain SF's profile of one's foot in its 'optimum' position.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Snagged a lightly used pair of Jofa 7500 EPs from my local Play It Again for $30+tax. Not the craziest deal ever but it was in my size and I've always wanted to try a Jofa product.

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma
Took a chance and picked up the Tron S40 Aviator about two weeks ago. My previous experience with Tron products and the $24.99 price tag were enough for me to give it a shot. I used it for the first time last night and was pleasantly surprised with its performance as it did not fog up at all despite not using anti-fog spray. If you're looking for a new visor or are just curious like I was, give it a shot; it was a low risk/high reward move for me.

yhst-128823933316035_2234_56083809

I actually bought the S30 visor. Very nice for the $20 price tag. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of instructions. This being my first visor, I had no clue how to mount it to my S19 helmet. :laugh:

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
Easton 85S stickbag
Yellow Superfeet to replace the stock Reebok 11K's

Actually I do not really like the Superfeet, the concept sounds convincing, but I guess my high arch does not make me the perfect subject to use them.

The advertized enhanced control is def not there, if anything it's gotten worse, so I purchased SIDAS 3D Gel insoles, which were designed for high arches. Here's hoping this will help me becoming even more comfortable in my skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad