Your reaction when/if Kipper shows up to training camp

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I doubt he does. It sounds like it's all but official that he's retiring. With Ramo/Berra coming over, Brossoit likely taking a step forward, and Joey Mac signing, I really just don't see where he would fit.

The only way I'd have Kipper play is if he really turned heads at the training camp. MacDonald was a more consistent/reliable tender for us this last year.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
My reaction would be excitement... for the 1st round pick the Islanders gives us!

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
In the unlikely event that he did show up, my reaction would be censored by the filter on these forums. His exit last season was borderline perfect from a sentimentality standpoint: he played his last game as a Flame, he won his last home game to great applause, and it's time for him to move on. He wouldn't provide the Flames with trade bait if he comes back (evident by his refusal to go to Toronto last season), and he either plays really well and screws a sub-par team out of a higher draft pick, or he plays really poorly and tarnishes his legacy. It's not worth it at all.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
In the unlikely event that he did show up, my reaction would be censored by the filter on these forums. His exit last season was borderline perfect from a sentimentality standpoint: he played his last game as a Flame, he won his last home game to great applause, and it's time for him to move on. He wouldn't provide the Flames with trade bait if he comes back (evident by his refusal to go to Toronto last season), and he either plays really well and screws a sub-par team out of a higher draft pick, or he plays really poorly and tarnishes his legacy. It's not worth it at all.

I agree with these sentiments. I would be disappointed if he returned. It would block the development of one of our other goaltenders, first and foremost, and there isn't much point to having an all-star goalie this year anyway.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would be very upset if Kipper came back next year after he turned down a trade to TO because he didn't feel like he had it in him any more. If he comes back I would trade him as fast as possible before his stock is even lower.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I don't think he will. Based on what I've read throughout the offseason, I am under the impression that Kipper most certainly wants to be done and in his mind is done. The organization simply won't announce it due to the fact that Feaster said both Conroy and Gelinas regretted retiring as soon as they did it. So they are prolonging the announcement.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I don't think he will. Based on what I've read throughout the offseason, I am under the impression that Kipper most certainly wants to be done and in his mind is done. The organization simply won't announce it due to the fact that Feaster said both Conroy and Gelinas regretted retiring as soon as they did it. So they are prolonging the announcement.

I don't think they are prolonging anything. He has to file papers and notify the team. He hasn't done that yet with weeks to go till training camp. Kipper is fully aware his mind was elsewhere last season and didn't play remotely as good as he can.

Unless he wants to be a stay at home dad to a new born, and just live in his house in Calgary watching games on tv. Talked to some people this weekend that would be more shocked if he retired. But we will see

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
2akie8h.gif

Trae

Calgary
I'd initially be a little disappointed but then would accept it cause he's awesome and we might be able to get a little something in a trade, however I know it would negatively affect our rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad