DD Smith
Kindl Q

Howard

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My preferred lineup would never happen, but my guess is if we waived took a cheap trade for Q he would be picked up or have takers.

Waive Tootoo (think he gets claimed) and Eaves, LTIR Helm.

Of course Helm healthy would be in the lineup. By unloading Q we would be able to bury Sammy when Helm is healthy, who cares about the 100K benefit once that happens.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar
Miller - Helm/Emmerton - Bertuzzi

Emmerton as a scratch when Helm is Healthy along with Cleary in the press box (never going to happen) he could rotate with Bert that is as nice as I am going to be if I controlled things.

Part of waiving or dumping Q would be to let XO have his spot, I think he is ready and it alleviates a ton of our cap concerns and allows us to option Sammy down, where he has to ride the bus for his 3 million instead of taking the 2 million buyout by feigning injury, bet he will love that decision.

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Smith
Ouellet - Kindl
Lashoff

In the event of injury you immediately call up Almqvist and play him over Lashoff. Heck even signing Paetsch off of his AHL deal is better than playing Lashoff.

Also DeKeyser - Kindl or Ouellet - Smith work in my opinion.

Howard
Monster

In the event Howard is injured Mrazek plays the number 1 role when he comes up.

These are not going to happen for a variety of reasons but it is what I would do.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Zetterberg-Weiss-Tatar
Abdelkader-Andersson(Helm)-Franzen
Miller-Ferraro-Bertuzzi/Cleary/Sammy

Kronwall-Kindl
Smith-Dekeyser
Quincey-Ericsson

Howard
Monster

I'm hoping we have at least 2 of Jurco, Sheahan, Ferraro, and Jarnkrok up next year. Cut the dead weight.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Zetterberg-Weiss-Tatar
Abdelkader-Andersson(Helm)-Franzen
Miller-Ferraro-Bertuzzi/Cleary/Sammy

Kronwall-Kindl
Smith-Dekeyser
Quincey-Ericsson

Howard
Monster

I'm hoping we have at least 2 of Jurco, Sheahan, Ferraro, and Jarnkrok up next year. Cut the dead weight.

Kronwall-Kindl. Terrifying.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Tatar
Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Andersson-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Sheahan-Ferraro
Emmerton, IR Helm.

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Ericsson-Smith
Kindl-Quincey
Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson

Clearly to the glue factory, Sammy goes dog sledding, Eaves and Tootoo traded for futures or whatever they can get.

I would explore the possibility to trading Miller to Buffalo, simply for the brother connection and the fact that they don't have much NHL depth, PK depth either. If not, then Emmerton can go on waivers and Miller takes his spot.

Sheahan and Ferraro are ready for bottom line duty, and if one goes down, Glendening is there to take over.

Hope I didn't miss anyone/thing.

aidenkael

Jul 12, 2013
Detroit
Zetty - Datsyuk - Abby
Franzen - Weiss - Alfie
Tatar - Helm - Nyguist
Miller - Emmerton - Cleary
Andersson, Eaves

Kronwall - Dekeyser
Ericsson - Smith
Quincey - Kindl
Lashoff

Howard
Mrzak

I'd like to see "Monster" traded, Mrzak is ready.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
All those projecting Franzen on the 3rd line, what's your rationale? Franzen has been a top sixer for years and still has the skills to be there. I don't really see any of the young guys displacing him, especially with Babcock coaching.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
All those projecting Franzen on the 3rd line, what's your rationale? Franzen has been a top sixer for years and still has the skills to be there. I don't really see any of the young guys displacing him, especially with Babcock coaching.

The rationale is that is our preference and not necessarily realistic considering the coaching staff. Just like any lineup without Cleary on the roster is a complete fantasy and a roster with Cleary but not in the top6 is a slightly more realistic fantasy.

Franzen may have all the tools, but he has been sorely lacking in the passion department. We have a couple of younger players that show the skills to play in the top6 and should be given a shot there. Franzen can get a skill mismatch on the third line and make it a scoring threat. Scoring depth is important for any team that wants to go far. It's not like he's been put on 4th line duty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad