GDT: YOUR Predators vs the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
2nd GDT in a row where I've been the first reply behind a HD originated thread; guaranteed victory! But seriously, we need to get in the driver's seat in the Central. Not going to knock on WPG, but playing them in the first round and letting CHI/STL beat each other up would be a plausible scenario to reach the WCF.

Go Perds!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
2nd GDT in a row where I've been the first reply behind a HD originated thread; guaranteed victory! But seriously, we need to get in the driver's seat in the Central. Not going to knock on WPG, but playing them in the first round and letting CHI/STL beat each other up would be a plausible scenario to reach the WCF.

Go Perds!

I'd rather take Chicago. Honestly Winnipeg scares me more than either the Blues or the Blackhawks. They are alot bigger than us and they just smother this team. Unless this team pulls off some massive bulking up between now and April, my order of preference of these 3 based on how winnable I see the series would be

1. Chicago
2. Blues
3. Winnipeg

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
While I agree that we match better against CHI than most of the teams in the NHL (historical H2H record generally supports this), there is no way I want to play them before WPG. My preference is:

1) CGY - Occurs if we have the most points in the West and the Pacific places 5 teams (unlikely right now given how WPG is playing)
2) WPG
3) CHI
4) STL

A first round series against STL would be a nightmare. I don't think we'd be an underdog necessarily, but STL games are always a dogfight and I could easily see it going 7; very physical as well with Reaves, Backes, Jackman, etc.

SJ and LA are also theoretically possible, but I doubt it. Winning the West to end up playing LA in the first round would be the worst.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Crap, back to the Windy City hellhole......

itsasign_zps641be818.gif

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I would have to assume Pekka is gonna be playing all 3 in 4 nights. I doubt Lavy starts Hutton in a home game against the Blues.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I would have to assume Pekka is gonna be playing all 3 in 4 nights. I doubt Lavy starts Hutton in a home game against the Blues.

That was my thought, too. He can give Rinne a long rest by playing Hutton against Carolina if need be

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That was my thought, too. He can give Rinne a long rest by playing Hutton against Carolina if need be

I don't know why, I just don't see him playing Hutton at home but maybe he would. Before Carolina there's a back-to-back at LA and Anaheim so I'd think he plays one of those.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Lines for Tonight:
Forwards:
Forsberg - Ribeiro - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Bourque - Jarnkrok - Jokinen
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

Extra: Cullen

Defensemen:
Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Ellis
Bartley - Jones

Extra: Volchenkov

Would be nice to see Beck and Jokinen switched.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Agreed on seeing Olli and Beck switched. I guess Lavi wants some balance? Big tests starting tonight. Would love to go 2-2 here and get closer to a February where 10 of 14 games are at home.

Go Preds!!!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's pretty clear that Lavy sees Jokinen as a third liner. Nothing more or less. I don't know if it's chemistry, leadership, etc, but it's evident that Lavy thinks highly enough of something he's doing.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
saw where yesterday both cullen and ribs took 'maintenance' days off of practice. knew ribs had been sick, cullen might be under the weather, or he might just be being sat for lack of recent production. don't think we miss him offensively, but lately he's been getting more and more faceoffs (all the left faceoff dot ones for 3rd line) and doing a decent job there. something to watch for when the 3rd line is out there.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
we almost play a first line, a second line and then two 4th lines the way lavy has been distributing minutes evenly between 3-4. it's unusual the way we are using our 4th line as a shutdown type line against top lines. all because of the trust lavy obviously has in gaustad defensively and in the dot it seems. so i wouldn't read too much in the line jokinen is playing on right now.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
we almost play a first line, a second line and then two 4th lines the way lavy has been distributing minutes evenly between 3-4. it's unusual the way we are using our 4th line as a shutdown type line against top lines. all because of the trust lavy obviously has in gaustad defensively and in the dot it seems. so i wouldn't read too much in the line jokinen is playing on right now.

Except I want him away from Jarnkrok.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

Nystrom and Goose have been very effective in the shutdown role. Nystrom in particular is a bright spot for me even though his stat line doesn't really look amazing. Just constant effort and physicality.

I really feel like Beck and Jokinen should be swapped nonetheless, but I guess Lavi feels like Jokinen adds some defensive stability to the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad