OT: Your Post is a GOAT!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Actually, I remember a Montreal fan before the draft called us picking Jankowski as he was a perfect high risk pick for us, he even predicted we would move back in the draft and pick him up. Wish I could find the post.

I seem to remember that to. I know though someone on our board called it, I think it was Nordberg. I had a feeling we were going to take him when we traded down and believe I stated so to. Craig Button kept talking about him and how he'd be a good fit for us, and with Todd being our head scout, I think he had some inside info. I just searched though and could not find the post.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think the best was a tag-team effort between me and Skobel, back when I was Tom Brostopolous and we were posting gifs from westerns, and then we had nothing but moustaches in that GDT. For the rest of November (it was early November, IIRC), we had the Movember GDT's.

Other than that, I don't think I have any "best" post.

15113c.jpg
13a967.jpg

While we're on the subject, should I whip up some new ones for November?

Last edited:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Haven't really had any. I did laugh at the time in one of the GDT's when into the third period, we hadn't been scored on, and I made the post stating Berra might get his first shutout, and everyone groaned and we got scored on like 5 minutes later. I mostly remember it for everyone else posting he was going to get the shutout as well, because it had already been said.

Also, the GIF war I had with someone in one of the game threads, can't remember who it was lol

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Haven't really had any. I did laugh at the time in one of the GDT's when into the third period, we hadn't been scored on, and I made the post stating Berra might get his first shutout, and everyone groaned and we got scored on like 5 minutes later. I mostly remember it for everyone else posting he was going to get the shutout as well, because it had already been said.

Also, the GIF war I had with someone in one of the game threads, can't remember who it was lol

Was it the Oilers game where he got scored on with something like 10 seconds left..?

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
No, it was Edmonton, it was Perron, and it was 10.1 seconds. Back in December.

I still don't apologize. Who knows, Berra gets that shutout, and then goes on a huge hot streak, and we keep him, and don't get that extra second rounder from the Aves. You're welcome. Because as HF will tell you, any draft pick is better than any of your players besides superstars

May 27, 2012
Earth
I still don't apologize. Who knows, Berra gets that shutout, and then goes on a huge hot streak, and we keep him, and don't get that extra second rounder from the Aves. You're welcome. Because as HF will tell you, any draft pick is better than any of your players besides superstars

The Aves? What team is that? The Avenues?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I had to go way back to find the context to this discussion again. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad