Your playoff team is out/never made it, do you continue following the SC playoffs?

Your playoff team is out/never made it, do you continue following the SC playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 93 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Meh, maybe

Votes: 31 22.8%

• Total voters

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
A big "meh".

Summer's rolling around and there are lots more opportunity to get outside. If my team made a deep run I'd be forced between doing something fun outdoors or watching a 3 hour long game, but fortunately for me they haven't in a decade. I'd frankly rather catch Canada at the WHCs if time zones permit than some other team in a Stanley Cup game - who the hell cares about another team especially in the early summer?

But I would still check in on how the series matchups are doing, catch a highlight reel and see if any big surprises or insane individual performances are occurring. Just zero chance I would actually watch a full game.

Reactions: RavenGuard

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Baseball seems to be far and away the worst sport for "if my team ain't playin', I ain't watchin'."

I'm a Leafs fan, but also a hockey fan. Certainly I have favorites - Toronto and whoever is playing Boston - but for any game I'll have a team to root for. Canadian teams (except Ottawa), O6 teams (except Boston), and underdogs generally get preference.

Mostly I just like a good game. I think I have an advantage over a lot of people, in that I appreciate good defensive plays at least as well as good offensive plays. As long as it's not too lopsided or too goonish, I'm happy.

nuc1234

Apr 18, 2022
100 percent I’ll continue watching. A bit of an added incentive to see if the playoffs are high-scoring ( definitely won’t be as much but even close) like the regular season. Hoping we see more run and gun offenses combined with intense physicality

Reactions: RavenGuard

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I usually follow the first round pretty closely and gradually tune out as the playoffs proceed.

If the entire season started a month earlier I might be more psychologically engaged with hockey but summer isn’t exactly long in Canada so I have better things to do.

Meanwhile, we spend all of September talking about hockey while there isn’t any. The season should really start after Labour Day.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Honestly I don't watch a ton of regular season games, but I try to watch as much playoff hockey as possible regardless of which teams are playing. So a big strong yes to the poll from me.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It goes from must-watch to “if I’m available.” I love hockey, but at that point, I’m less inclined to tell people I’m not able to do other things if I’m asked.

Reactions: wintersej

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
My team hasn’t been in the league for a decade and i still watch games, so i would say yes.

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
Nope. When my team gets bounced I'm out as well. Better things to do in the summer than sit inside and watch teams I don't care about play hockey.

Although TBH there have been exceptions.

Watching Calgary get spanked by the Bolts in 04, watching the Canucks get their hats handed to them by the Bruins, and a few other series over the years.

98% of the time I bounce.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
yes and no. when my team is out, it becomes about my playoff drafts, and watching individual players for points to win me money.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I watch all the regular season. I can't think of any reason to turn away when the quality of hockey takes a giant step forward.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Like to have a game on in the background at least and keep up with what's going on.

Always nice to watch the 7 leafs games.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
I watch other teams I like and definitely some game 7's if possible. However it's hard to watch as a Finn when work waits in the morning so not that much. Tampa/Bos-Cgy/STL finals? Wouldn't care less

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If my team loses in the 1st round (as they did for the past little while), I might take a break from hockey until the SCF.

If they lose in the 2nd round, then I would watch the rest of the playoffs.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad