Your playoff bandwagon teams (if we don't win)

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I feel strange making this thread, but it feels equally strange if it doesn't exist. It's also about 23 teams instead of 16. Like I've seen it before, we can basically divide the teams into arbitrary "categories" of how you'd feel if they won, but since we're actually in it for once, and this is the Coyotes board, we can automatically assume that everyone wants us to win it and anything else is secondary. I know the Yotes board gets some non-fan readers, but in that case, this thread is not for them. It's for Coyotes fans. I'll make up my own categories and you can feel free to copy mine, or you can make up your own.

Arizona Coyotes
If you don't want the Coyotes to win the cup, why are you here?

Very happy if they won
Tampa Bay Lightning
St. Louis Blues
Vegas Golden Knights

Mildly happy if they won
Carolina Hurricanes
New York Islanders
Columbus Blue Jackets
Florida Panthers
Nashville Predators
Colorado Avalanche

Meh
Washington Capitals
Philadelphia Flyers
New York Rangers
Dallas Stars
Minnesota Wild

Mildly annoyed if they won
Pittsburgh Penguins
Toronto Maple Leafs
Montreal Canadiens
Edmonton Oilers
Vancouver Canucks
Calgary Flames

Would rather be lost in a forest
Boston Bruins
Chicago Blackhawks
Winnipeg Jets

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I grew up a Blackhawks fan. Saw my first game at the old Chicago Stadium. The only hockey poster in my house is Tony Esposito. That said, I barely follow the team anymore, and they don't "need" a win as much as some franchises.

I could get behind Tampa if they can remember how to win a playoff game.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
I would like to see Tampa, Florida, or CBJ win one of these years.

I would not like to see Vegas win. Pure 100% jealousy that they've already had so much success.

Reactions: Kyle003p

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Edmonton. I like Tippett. Finally got to meet him when I saw the Coyotes play in Edmonton this past January. Nice as hell guy. Met Biz too. Guy’s genuine. Same on snd off the air.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Actually, it'll be kind of nice to not have to morph into a Tampa fan like I've done every April for the past 7 seasons (grew up near Orlando). At least not right away.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'll root for Chicago because of Strome and Murphy and I love watching Kane. I've always liked Pittsburgh (grew up a Steelers/Pirates fan until we got the Dbacks, now just Steelers). Mostly though I don't want to see Edmonton, Toronto or Winterpeg win.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I might be castrated for this but if we get bounced early and as much as this pains me to say I’d like to see Toronto win. I can’t stand their fans but I do like their team and I like Matthews. But likely won’t happen anyway.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I might be castrated for this but if we get bounced early and as much as this pains me to say I’d like to see Toronto win. I can’t stand their fans but I do like their team and I like Matthews. But likely won’t happen anyway.

Sadly, would it make it easier for Matthews to leave Toronto and join us in 4yrs if he does win a cup with Toronto? That is a question to ponder.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well it is a coin toss for me...cheering for Arizona and the Jets. Then Tampa from the Atlantic (so talented and fun to watch) and Carolina (love what they are building in a non traditional market) from the Metro Division.

After that probably the Islanders (they were my team back in the day) and Toronto (long suffering fans, exciting team, and man would the hype train be on overdrive. TSN and Sportsnet folk will be giddy).

The rest I am indifferent about. Would not really like Edmonton nor Pittsburgh to win.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
NXvzsNfGvZzhs7Spf8dJwwDwTDwB7uXw5kzo73oYFCRHBrzYhD7gqcBA0P5d0JZBxKdo_9hY58JYqVym3Q4Ncv2SBFRvlBht6wMOXwI2hMyNSR_McCsOPmIUOwYzyWFUYm2mLVGzLGTM4yfe1xtiDSbLTYJx0Fi4MeY

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Would actively root for the following:
TB because they deserve one and I don't dislike anyone on the roster.
Toronto because of Austin Matthews and him getting a cup in TOR probably makes it easier to come to AZ to bring one here
Lumbus and Florida because both franchises could use a boost
Carolina cause small market and love the marketing and team build
Nashville because of small market, and outside of Turris I like the team

Then there is a big chunk of teams I feel neutral about to different extents.

Then the following I would actively root against:
Vegas - they have not gone through enough pain and should be our rivals
EDM - Tippet winning a cup would be alright but winning McDavid will always leave a sour taste.
Chicago - won enough in the past decade and barely squeaked into this format
Pitt - I actually don't mind Pittsburgh but they have had enough cups over the past decade that I would most likely want to see someone else win.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Washington (I like Ovechkin) or Vegas (I like their team). I guess the Knights would be my #1 because it would show hockey really can work in the desert.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I don't want to wait for years. I'm rooting for Toronto to get dumped in the play in and then blame it all on Matthews. Then trade him to us. Of course our luck would be for them to lose and then win the lottery.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't want to wait for years. I'm rooting for Toronto to get dumped in the play in and then blame it all on Matthews. Then trade him to us. Of course our luck would be for them to lose and then win the lottery.
It would be an interesting time for the Coyotes to make a pitch for a trade with Toronto. The Leafs are really up against the Cap and really have no way to address the D without sending high priced talent the other way. I wonder what fans would be willing to add to a high end D to get Matthews to AZ?? I would assume a young center would be necessary.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It would be an interesting time for the Coyotes to make a pitch for a trade with Toronto. The Leafs are really up against the Cap and really have no way to address the D without sending high priced talent the other way. I wonder what fans would be willing to add to a high end D to get Matthews to AZ?? I would assume a young center would be necessary.
I would think TO tries to trade Marner or Nylander before even thinking of trading AM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad