GDT: Your Ottawa Senators at New Jersey Devils [] 7PM [] CityTV/TVAS [] Zub vs Beelzebub - The Triumph of Good vs Evil Edition

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
100% chance of winning tonight. Place all Lazars on stun. Korpisalo will shutout all sinners. Repent now! I AM SO EXCITED!
*NOTE 100% chance is still a chance.

The Senators are taking on another inter-divisional Eastern Conference foe in the New Jersey Devils and looking to right the ship after three-straight tough losses. Tonight will be the second of three meetings this season between these two with the Devils taking the first meeting 6-2 at Canadian Tire Centre back on Dec. 29.

1711203049018.png

1711224957234.png

SenatorsDevils
GoalsBrady Tkachuk (31)Jack Hughes (23)
AssistsTim Stützle (47)Jesper Bratt (45)
PointsTim Stützle (64)Jack Hughes / Jesper Bratt (67)
+/-Ridly Greig (+12)Curtis Lazar (+10)
PIMBrady Tkachuk (122)Kevin Bahl (55)
Power play goalsBrady Tkachuk (9)Jack Hughes (9)
Short-handed goalsParker Kelly (2)Erik Haula / Curis Lazar / Nico Hischier (1)

1711203127299.png

Attachments

• 1711203271712.png
    1711203271712.png
    960.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
With this blueline and goaltending, we are now the worst team in the NHL. We might, might beat Chicago or the Habs, but we aren't beating any team with something to play for. 5-2 Devils final. (Tomorrow night vs. Edmonton is just going to be ugly...)

Reactions: Cosmix

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
With this blueline and goaltending, we are now the worst team in the NHL. We might, might beat Chicago or the Habs, but we aren't beating any team with something to play for. 5-2 Devils final. (Tomorrow night vs. Edmonton is just going to be ugly...)
You forgot to mention our awesome power play

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
New Jersey such an indicator of how fickle rebuilds can be. Last year they looked like they arrived, this year firing their coach and missing the playoffs.

Reactions: lang006 and WallyD

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Ostapchuk was sent back to BSens yesterday, maybe insert Crookshank instead
Curious... Is this perhaps that NHL entry level contract rule, that if the player plays 10 games they are considered to have started their NHL career? IOW, the team would burn a year of eligibility if they keep playing him?

I would love to see all their younger folks get all the NHL time they can when the team is not risking anything, but not if it means Sens are burning contract years.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Curious... Is this perhaps that NHL entry level contract rule, that if the player plays 10 games they are considered to have started their NHL career? IOW, the team would burn a year of eligibility if they keep playing him?

I would love to see all their younger folks get all the NHL time they can when the team is not risking anything, but not if it means Sens are burning contract years.
NHL slide rule does not apply to Ostapchuk.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Will update........

Crook-shank... not inferring anything slanderous here, but that's a 2-fer... no better name for an inmate!

All kidding aside, a solid interview. Like what the young man said about his dad teaching him from an early age to head for the dirty spots, pay the price in front of the net where most goals are scored. Will be watching for him to do that. He may be more aware and less nervous not coming up to the big show for the first time.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Angus sounds very mature and intelligent. I hope he’s here for good.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Crooker on the top line, hopefully a little feistiness there helps. Ridly and Lazar leading their teams in +/- a little unexpected. Maybe says more about the stat than them? Devils and us should be growing and battling for a long time now. Im not sure what each team is battling for tonight though. But id like to always see us beat them. I expect we're picking 9th in the draft given Sens, so may as well hope for wins.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Angus sounds very mature and intelligent. I hope he’s here for good.
Rather I hope he's good to stay here! :)

Crooker on the top line, hopefully a little feistiness there helps. Ridly and Lazar leading their teams in +/- a little unexpected. Maybe says more about the stat than them? Devils and us should be growing and battling for a long time now. Im not sure what each team is battling for tonight though. But id like to always see us beat them. I expect we're picking 9th in the draft given Sens, so may as well hope for wins.
We are currently in the 5th position in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad