Your Organization's Players Who Will End up in the HoF or HoVG

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
HoF
Jaromir Jagr

HoVG
Roberto Luongo (maybe HoF on a weak year?)

All our young guys are too early into their careers to determine where they'll end up at this point, but if they end up in either of these lists I'll be happy.

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Blues:

HoF: Tarasenko has a chance, but will need some hardware.

Hovg: Petro, Parayko

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I think Gaudreau is the only one with a real chance at the moment, and I doubt he'll be good enough for anything more than the HoVG. Unless some players take an unpredictably huge turn and become all-stars.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
HOF- Price or Weber maybe, if international play is taken high enough into account, and if Price can regain his form or Weber can win a Norris (would bet against it)

HOVG- Radulov, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk (hopefully), Markov

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Flyers (projections for careers):

HoF:

Giroux (~1000pts in ~1200gp, plus 2x top 4 Hart finishes, 3x top 10 points, Lindsay finalist)

No. Unless he wins an Art Ross or a Conn Smythe.

Hall of Fame

Henrick
Daniel
Horvat
Gaudette
Boeser

No way. Only the Sedins can get in and it will have to do with their case being unique.

HoF

Price
Weber
Markov

Markov is barely in the Hall of Very Good. He has no place in the HoF. Weber will need some individual hardware. Price needs to get back into shape, win a few more trophies and hopefully a Stanley Cup.

HoF:

- Crosby
- Malkin
- Letang

Letang is not HoF material; even Kessel has more chance to get selected.

HoF:

Zetterberg

Probably, but like players such as Patrick Marleau and Rick Nash, it will take a few ballots.

:kings2

HoF: Doughty and Kopitar

Doughty will most likely get in, but Kopitar nope.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
In a world where Toews is apparently guaranteed to get in, Kopitar has to get in as well

Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, and Zetterberg. I believe they will all get in or all be left out. I am only more confident in Toews getting in because the Canadian *experts* and journalists can't get enough of him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Still really early but this is just a guess thread anyways:

HOF: Laine
HOVG: Ehlers

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
HoF: zetterberg (I think he will make it but it's probably 50-50)
HoVG: Kronwall
Anyone else is not good enough or way too young

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
HoF: Lundqvist
HoVG: Nash (barring some cups and a Conn Smythe)

Lots of young guys who can still work their way up

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I'm not sold on Giroux being in the HoF... I feel like those point totals are great, but not outstanding, and top 4 finishes aren't taken into account for HoF unless they already have some awards really. Under PPG, top 4 and 10 finishes are pretty much the definition of HoVG.

I'm sorry but Giroux isn't going anywhere near the HOF.

Relative to his era he has arguably had a better individual career at the same age than Modano and Sundin... better Hart voting record, better point finishes, better PPG finishes, almost identical adjusted PPG.

but he has suffered from his prime coming in one of the lowest scoring eras since the 1950's.

His peak and 7 year prime is certainly HoF calibre when you look at the guys in their. It is just a matter of if he can stay a first line player long enough to accumulate the points needed.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Still really early but this is just a guess thread anyways:

HOF: Laine
HOVG: Ehlers

I think Scheifele maybe falls into the HOVG if he can maintain his production for a while, but we don't really have anyone else I'd consider for either today based on current play.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
:sharks

HoF
Thornton is lock. Probably first ballot.
Marleau might get in
Burns will if he wins Norris and continues to keep his level of play couple more years.

HoVG
Pavelski
Couture
Vlasic

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf and Perry are probably borderline HOFers both probably have enough good seasons and hardware to get in. Nobody else on the team is looking likely unless Lindholm develops more of an offensive game to match his elite defending or Gibson turns into a top netminder.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Backstrom screams HoVG to me, towards the top of it though, kinda like Pierre Turgeon

You may be right, it all depends on stats at the end of his career. He'll get to 1,000 points, and if you get to that milestone, you'll get considered. Of the 85 players, ~70% are in the HHOF (or aren't yet eligible). So if he wins a cup and gets to 1150 points, which puts him top 50 all time (big IF, I know). Then I think he gets in...

Also depends on how he is perceived after retirement. Sometimes this is pretty different than how they were considered during their playing days...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad