Your Organization's Players Who Will End up in the HoF or HoVG

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Markov "barely" in the Hall of very good?

The guy is the definition of Hall of very good.

Hes most likely to end up top 30 in points for defenseman, while missing three seasons of his prime.

One of the best and longest prime of any defender, still pushing for 50 points at 38, and as it looks like, still a number one D on this crappy team.

He made Subban, everybody was selling him short.

Markov is an amazing player and the best thing to come out of the Habs since Patrick Roy.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Wow, big surprise HF overrating their fav team's players.

Most of those listed for HoF belong in the HoVG list and the HoVG's dont belong at all.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Getzlaf and Perry are probably our best bets. The lack of any prestigious awards for Getzlaf is an obstruction, but if his skill level holds out and doesn't drop off, he has a chance.

Perry, on the other hand, has prestige at both the NHL and international level. He's a Triple Gold Club member, with wins coming as well in the World Cup and World Juniors. He's won the Hart, he's won the Richard, and he's a 2-time 1st Team All-Star. But on the other hand, the longevity of his career is in question, as he may or may not recover from the slump he's been in all season.

Both are undoubted HoVG members but HoF admission won't come quickly. Perry is probably the better bet because of his peak, his awards, and the fact that Getzlaf is no guarantee to maintain his high level of play into his late 30s, but for right now, they're both borderline.

As for our younger players, Lindholm probably is a pretty good bet for the HoVG if he can return to and maintain the offensive production of his first three seasons without losing his defensive play. His offensive skillset indicates he has the capability of scratching the upper echelons of offensive play among defensemen, but he hasn't quite put it together yet. If he can put his offense together, and maintain it along with his defensive play, he has an outside chance at the real Hall. It's just too early though to see with him and other players in their early 20s.

Ryan Kesler is a pretty surefire bet for the HoVG.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
HOF:
Crosby
Malkin
Murray you will see :P :laugh:

HOVG:
Letang
Kessel
a big maybe with Fleury? He has 2 cups and lots of wins and the win record and all, even though he always was average to slightly above average. But probably not because of all the "moments" he had, especially in the playoffs:laugh:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
HOF:
Crosby
Malkin
Murray you will see :P :laugh:

HOVG:
Letang
Kessel
a big maybe with Fleury? He has 2 cups and lots of wins and the win record and all, even though he always was average to slightly above average. But probably not because of all the "moments" he had, especially in the playoffs:laugh:

No way on MAF. MAF would have needed to be the starter in that second cup run, and have to have made it to 400 wins in his tenure as a Penguin.

And even that would have made him borderline due to all of his infamous gaffes.

Sid is a lock. If Malkin stays healthy enough, he will be too. I don't know if the Pens can still lay a claim to Jagr or not (as far as "HoF Players" go), but he'll obviously go in.

Letang's health issues, and Kessel's reputation for being lazy will keep them both out (so yeah, HoVG).

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, and Zetterberg. I believe they will all get in or all be left out. I am only more confident in Toews getting in because the Canadian *experts* and journalists can't get enough of him.

Toews gets in for the hardware, but the rest of them get in based on Toews comparison, IMHO.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
No way on MAF. MAF would have needed to be the starter in that second cup run, and have to have made it to 400 wins in his tenure as a Penguin.

And even that would have made him borderline due to all of his infamous gaffes.

Yeah probably should have made it more clear and say it differently, but MAF more like in Pens history than in like League history because he has so many franchise records. I can already hear the pens announcers talk about him and how great he was every game after he is gone :laugh:

You are right though he doesn't deserve it at all if you just look at him as a player:laugh:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah probably should have made it more clear and say it differently, but MAF more like in Pens history than in like League history because he has so many franchise records. I can already hear the pens announcers talk about him and how great he was every game after he is gone :laugh:

You are right though he doesn't deserve it at all if you just look at him as a player:laugh:

Yeah. But that says more about the Pens' putrid history with Goalies than it does about MAF.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
HoF: Our entire team. Putting up a pretty historic year.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
I would give Koivu at least HoVG. One of the most underrated two-way centers in the league.

Completely agree with this. I've always been a huge Koivu fan. He's the kind of player that a lot of people don't realize how good he is or how much he means to the team until he's not there anymore.

I remember the first game I ever saw him play in person, when he was still in the AHL. The first thing I noticed about him was that he did everything - everything - exactly right. Not just right - I mean textbook, exactly right. No matter what the situation, watching the way he reacted to it was like watching a coaching video. I did not notice him make a single mistake all night. There were a few times where I thought, "jesus, why did he do that?", but then a few seconds later I saw why. He was anticipating the play and putting himself into a position where the play would come to him, and it always did. I was very impressed.

The second thing I noticed was his leadership, how much he steadied the game down just by being on the ice. When he was on the ice, the whole team seemed to relax and play better. They played more patiently, more disciplined, they stayed on the right side of the ice, they were in position, they knew their assignments... everything. The whole team just elevated their play when he was out there. I don't know if I've ever personally witnessed another 20-year old player have that kind of effect, at least not to that degree. He was in complete command.

He's not pretty, he's not flashy, he's not the fastest skater or the prettiest passer or the hardest shot. He's just the guy who does everything right, and stabilizes the game so that the skill players have room to work. I've followed the guy's career since the day they drafted him, and he is absolutely my favorite Wild player of all time. I just hope this is the year he finally wins that ring.

So. Hall of Fame? Nah, probably not. He doesn't have the numbers or the highlight reels. But Hall of Very Good? Hell yeah. Yeah, there needs to be a place for that kind of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad