Your Opinion on NBC's Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Overall it was pretty good. The scoreboard was out of the way, but told you what you needed to know. The camera angles were perfect, every NHL game should be done that way, provided you have good cameramen who can follow the play.

A little much with the storytelling, but there were some decent tales to be told.

As for in the booth, Doc Emrick is tops as always, Kenny Albert is a little behind the play but I can live with him. However, AJ Miczelco is dull as dirt. Bring Pierre into the booth I say. Miczelco is like a female version of Brian Engblom. Joe Micheletti was just fine as usual.

Bill Clement is showing off how much he's improved in the studio host role since the start of the season. Good for him, he started out without a clue, but now he's stellar, kind of like a Greg Gumbel or a James Brown or Ernie Johnson, not flashy, but good at what they do. Cammi's much better in the studio than in the "Inside the Glass" role.

Pierre is great in that meshing of reporter/analyst role.

Overall, not bad.

blamebettman*

what about John Davidson? Will he eventually be going over to do games?

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
blamebettman said:
what about John Davidson? Will he eventually be going over to do games?

I thought he was headed over to do the mens games. :dunno:

Personally, I could deal with less McGuire.

I am Jack's Fish

I think their coverage of the mens games has been pitiful. Bad camera angles, announcers stink, americans doont know how to shoot hockey, they cut away too often, and the picture isn't good...

Wait...you mean the men haven't played yet?

Well, just consider my post a sign of things to come from half the people on these boards.

=)

VladNYC*

Everything is great except McGuire. Can't stand that guy. He's the Bill O'riley of hockey

Kruky

Jul 30, 2005
Ottawa
I've stopped watching NBC's coverage at the 96 games in Atlanta. They suck.

When Donovan Bailey won the 100m finals, as soon as the race ended, they switch to Equestrian (Horses jumping over obstacles). W.T.F, if it would have been a US sprinter, they would have covered at least two more hours of the race. The same thing happened when team Canada won the goal at the 4 by 100m finals.

As for hockey coverage, I've stopped watching NHL games on NBC a long time ago. Like someone said, US television network don't know **** about hockey.

Let them stick to the Superbowl and World series. Two sports were the cameraman can eat a hotdog and poutine while taping the game behind his camera. :biglaugh:

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
It hasn't been bad, it seems like the only people complaining are the type that complains about anything or hasn't even watched it since the Summer games of '96.

HughJass*

Stevedude530 said:
As for in the booth, Doc Emrick is tops as always, Kenny Albert is a little behind the play but I can live with him. However, AJ Miczelco is dull as dirt. Bring Pierre into the booth I say. Miczelco is like a female version of Brian Engblom. Joe Micheletti was just fine as usual.

-Miczelco talks too much for a color commentary.
-Mcguire looks uncomfortable interviewing women.
-Granato looks hot with make up on. Maybe it's just me....I love athletic women putting on the makeup.

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I was never a fan of Clement but he does seem alot more likable in the studio, Granato actually isn't too bad in studio either. However, Mleczeko (spelt wrong, sorry) does talk way too much.

Other than that NBC's coverage of the rest of the olympics has been terrible. I'd like to know more about athletes from other countries, but NBC seems only interested in showing American athletes. I'm really sick and tired of hearing about Bode Miller all the time too. And if someone from a different country wins, they spend maybe a few minutes on him then go straight to a different competition and hype up the American athlete(s).

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
I like the fact that in the nhl NBC broadcast some games in HD and gets cameras on goalies mask.

They give mics to more players.

Ive watched a game this year where both esche and fleury had cameras and mics. Both coaches and crosby had a mic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad