Music: Your Opinion: Foo Fighters in Concert

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
98712974-01DE-4722-8655-3E5FD2D3288C.gif
America's Nickelback, only with less musical skill.

Last edited:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
They’re playing tonight at Fenway. My friend had an extra ticket. I just turned them down because I thought Dinosaur Jr was opening but that’s tomorrow night.

I’m quite neutral on Foo Fighters tbh. Can’t imagine their show would be boring exactly but not worth the money.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I am not a big Foo fan. A girl I was seeing way back when was a HUGE fan. I took her to see them at the Beacon Theater back in the summer of 06' to see them do an unplugged show. They were really good. I saw them again with the same girl in 2008 at the old I-Zod arena. We had floor seats for that one. The show was really good. It was also the last time I ever saw that girl too. We still talk from time to time. The reason I bring that up is that she just saw them play in our area recently and she sent me a PM about how awesome the show was and asked me if I went etc... I never really did latch on to them but I did enjoy the live show and while I did not feel it was a must-see show I didn't mind going out of my way to see it.

I know it is trendy to dump no Nickelback, heck I'm guilty of it to. I will say though, a family friend had a 4 pack of VIP tickets to their concert last summer for free and they actually put on a good show. Also I'm going to Foo Fighters on Sunday at Fenway so now I can say I've seen both the Canadian Nickelback and American Nickelback live.
I saw Nickel Back at MSG back in 12'. Bush opened for them and I tell people I went to a Bush concert. At the end of the night my friend turns to me and says I'm not a Nickel Back fan but I knew at least 12 of the 14 songs they did. I was in total agreement with him. They sounded great. The show was pretty basic and tame as far as Rock shows go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
I saw Nickel Back at MSG back in 12'. Bush opened for them and I tell people I went to a Bush concert. At the end of the night my friend turns to me and says I'm not a Nickel Back fan but I knew at least 12 of the 14 songs they did. I was in total agreement with him. They sounded great. The show was pretty basic and tame as far as Rock shows go.
I went to a Nickleback concert because my ex was a huge fan it was a painful experience.

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
I know it is trendy to dump no Nickelback, heck I'm guilty of it to. I will say though, a family friend had a 4 pack of VIP tickets to their concert last summer for free and they actually put on a good show. Also I'm going to Foo Fighters on Sunday at Fenway so now I can say I've seen both the Canadian Nickelback and American Nickelback live.
Foo Fighters or nirvana or Aerosmith are the worst band around. I HATE that soft garbage. Everything people say about Coldplay goes twice forthose three bands. Banal, boring and middle of the road. Skunk Anansie kick the arses of them.

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
The things we do for the ones we love(d)
Nickleback could be used for torturing people but in my defense she had nice big well you know.

Foo Fighters or nirvana or Aerosmith are the worst band around. I HATE that soft garbage. Everything people say about Coldplay goes twice forthose three bands. Banal, boring and middle of the road. Skunk Anansie kick the arses of them.
Foo Fighters and Nirvana aren't even close to same as Aerosmith and Coldplay so what you've just said makes no sense. And Skunk Anansie gets killed by Foo Fighters anyday nothing special or memorable about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Baby Punisher

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Saw them twice: 2011 at Consol and 2015(?) at an amphitheater. The Consol show was awesome, but I wasn't a huge fan of the most recent show. I mean it was still good, but I wasn't a big fan of the Sonic Highways album.

and what the hell is a Skunk Anansie?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Saw them a little over 10 years ago with Weezer. I'm not the biggest Foo Fighters fan and was mainly there to see Weezer, but they were awesome live. I remember walking out of the show thinking: "THAT's why Dave Grohl is a rock star." He worked the crowd like nobody's business.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad