Music: Your Opinion: Foo Fighters in Concert

Feb 24, 2017
I haven’t even seen em live. They play Seattle and Vancouver 1 week apart, Saturday nights this coming September. I am 99% going to go, one show or the other.

Opinions of them live? Is this a show I need to take in live? I feel like I do. I just wanna see what you other folks have to say.

Thank you, fellows and chicas.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I've seen them live a couple of times and they go all out and work their asses off to put on a good show. One of the better live bands around.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I haven't seen them live, but I agree with others here: when it's this much of a toss up, go.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I was bored to tears when I saw them in 2011, but my advice is go and see everything and as much as you can.

Pattysaurus

Oct 28, 2007
New York
I've seen them twice:

Once at MSG - amazing show.

The other time at CitiField - eh, it was okay.

I'd say go. They try their hardest to entertain.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Never seen them.

I think almost all of the stuff (that I've heard) is good, but I don't love any of it, if that makes sense.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I loved seeing them live. Highly recommend going to see them, they put on a very good live show.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Foo Fighters went downhill after Dave Grohl recorded Songs for the Deaf and then started trying to emulate Josh Homme's songwriting style.

I would still go see them. You never know when it might be your last chance to see an artist perform songs you love.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Saw them close the ACL festival in '08. Great show, great crowd and terrific banter from Grohl.

They still show the Wembley concert on MTV Live occasionally, a must see.

Last edited:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I have never seen them live, but I personally couldn’t pass up the chance to see them live when I heard they were playing in Toronto this year.

I’d say go.

Feb 24, 2017
Thanks all. Like I said, I’m 99% going. Just due to “didn’t see that coming” being a possibility then I can’t go. I’m gonna get tickets. I heard what I wanted to in this thread, from more people than said otherwise, that they’re hard working live and put out a good show. I’m excited.

I hope they open up with All My Life. I see from setlists that it’s one of their go to openers. It’s a natural.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Seen them probably five times live and they're absolutely fantastic. Grohl is fantastic.

Not even a huge fan, though I do enjoy them, but one of my favourites when it gets to live performances.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Thanks all. Like I said, I’m 99% going. Just due to “didn’t see that coming” being a possibility then I can’t go. I’m gonna get tickets. I heard what I wanted to in this thread, from more people than said otherwise, that they’re hard working live and put out a good show. I’m excited.

I hope they open up with All My Life. I see from setlists that it’s one of their go to openers. It’s a natural.

I saw them on July 10 in Ottawa at Bluesfest. It was only the second time in the festivals history they had to actually stop selling tickets as the venue was full.

The show was phenomenal. They did open with All My Life, and promised to perform a song from each record (I don’t think they did any from Sonic Highways, but I could be wrong). They had some interesting covers including Under Pressure and Blitz Bop by The Ramones.

It was probably the longest show I’ve seen at the festival, clocking in at just under three hours (they came out a couple of minutes late and stayed on until they could). They stretch out their songs a ton, adding in extra guitar and drum solos. They have a ton of fun on the stage and communicate with the crowd a lot. Most songs felt like they were at least 7-8 minutes. They closed with a three song encore which included Times Like These and Everlong.

If it’s still up for debate at all, I would reccomend it 100%. An amazing rock n roll concert.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I just saw them this week.

High energy.

Dave Grohl is extremely charismatic and gets the crowd going.

Just a classic old school rock and roll show.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen the set list but they do a pretty neat cover where Dave takes over on drums.

I enjoyed it and I’m not even that huge of a Foo Fighters fan.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Saw them for the first time last week at Rogers Centre (a venue I loathe) and they killed it. Such a great show and a perfect rock band for a venue that size. Almost a three hour set and didn't drag at all.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I've seen them about 5-6 times. Great show every time. Not sold on their latest record but the rest of their stuff is amazing.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
America's Nickelback, only with less musical skill.
I know it is trendy to dump no Nickelback, heck I'm guilty of it to. I will say though, a family friend had a 4 pack of VIP tickets to their concert last summer for free and they actually put on a good show. Also I'm going to Foo Fighters on Sunday at Fenway so now I can say I've seen both the Canadian Nickelback and American Nickelback live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad