Your Opinion - Fix the Rangers

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
We are not trading Lundqvist. End of story.

I know. Just something I would really consider if I were GM, considering where Columbus sits in the standings, as well as taking into account the Rangers and Kings, we could potentially land 3 picks in the top 10.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I know. Just something I would really consider if I were GM, considering where Columbus sits in the standings, as well as taking into account the Rangers and Kings, we could potentially land 3 picks in the top 10.

I'll take the Vezina goalie, thanks.

But I'd do it for any other player.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I'll take the Vezina goalie, thanks.

But I'd do it for any other player.

I'd take a young playmaker, a goal scorer, and whatever else we can get with the two other picks over the Vezina winner only because that's the one constant that we've ever had since the 05-06.

Plus, there is no one player on this team that can get us those 4 picks.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Has it occured to anybody

that maybe the Rangers problem is this:

They worked their ***** off 110% last season....and the season before. Torts got as much as he could out of them, and they just are physically/mentally exhausted and having a hard time reaching down for it again?

I thought a lockout might help, fewer games, rest up on injuries, but maybe even if they had a full camp for Torts to get the team ready, maybe they just were too beat up from the prior two?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'd take a young playmaker, a goal scorer, and whatever else we can get with the two other picks over the Vezina winner only because that's the one constant that we've ever had since the 05-06.

But why are we rebuilding??

What if these kids bust?

And do you expect LA to continue sucking? No way do I trade Lundqvist for a bunch of unproven kids, who may or may not pan out.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
But why are we rebuilding??

What if these kids bust?

And do you expect LA to continue sucking? No way do I trade Lundqvist for a bunch of unproven kids, who may or may not pan out.

See, and therein leis the problem: I only want to give up one player and trading that one player is considered a "rebuild."

And what if those players turn out to be really offensively gifted? ****, what if we really got an offensive PMD?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
See, and therein leis the problem: I only want to give up one player and trading that one player is considered a "rebuild."

And what if those players turn out to be really offensively gifted? ****, what if we really got an offensive PMD?
Who tends goal for us? Lincoln Tunnel Biron?

This is ridiculous.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Sign Thomas for a season or two and then look to get an UFA or finally rectify our goalie prospect pool down the line.

Yes, let's make our only strength a weakness.

Thomas is pretty much retired.

Good goalies don't get to UFA.

Remind me again why we're trading our franchise player here? The only player of his calibre that this organization has drafted and kept since Brian Leetch.

And offense comes to die here anyway, so these kids would probably forget how to score anyway. :laugh:

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Yes, let's make our only strength a weakness.

Thomas is pretty much retired.

Good goalies don't get to UFA.

Remind me again why we're trading our franchise player here? The only player of his calibre that this organization has drafted and kept since Brian Leetch.

And offense comes to die here anyway, so these kids would probably forget how to score anyway. :laugh:

I mean, let's not pretend this isn't a team that is willing to block shots. We play almost a similar game to Boston and if Thomas heard we'd like him to come to the Rangers, I doubt he readily retires.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I mean, let's not pretend this isn't a team that is willing to block shots. We play almost a similar game to Boston and if Thomas heard we'd like him to come to the Rangers, I doubt he readily retires.

Blocking shots isn't going to make a bad goalie look good. Actually, it makes it hard to see the puck when the shot isn't blocked. And not every goalie can follow the puck in traffic as well as Lundqvist can.

Thomas hasn't played competitive hockey in a year. You expect him to come in and play lights out? I'd expect him to come in and pull his groin.

*Bob Richards*

And suddenly its gone when you trade him.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Blocking shots isn't going to make a bad goalie look good. Actually, it makes it hard to see the puck when the shot isn't blocked. And not every goalie can follow the puck in traffic as well as Lundqvist can.

Thomas hasn't played competitive hockey in a year. You expect him to come in and play lights out? I'd expect him to come in and pull his groin.

Come on. How many shots Lundqvist hasn't had to attempt to make a save because it pinged off somebody, or when he makes a save, it's because someone put themselves in a position to make the shot an easy save?

And I definitely agree that he can spot the puck well. The only flaw I see in his game is that he sucks moving the puck, and that's one aspect of his game that will never get better.

Plus, Thomas doesn't play as many games as other tenders. I use him only as a short stop-gap before getting a goalie who can play for a longer amount of years.

robwrx04

Aug 5, 2010
CT
We don't need to trade players. Team chemistry isn't built overnight. Doesn't help swapping half the roster either.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Can't that be said for every goalie?

Tim Thomas has played as much competitive hockey over the past year as I did.

I don't know what the fascination with draft picks here is.

What if LA repeats? What if Lundqvist goes to CBJ and carries them to the playoffs? Then you only have our high pick, as we are sure to suck without Lundqvist now, and for many years ahead.

Not many teams have franchise goaltenders. Us, Nashville, LA, maybe Boston in the future, are the only teams who can say we have franchise goalies. Even Ryan Miller is inconsistent. MAF pretty much handed the series to the Flyers. Why are we trading ours to Columbus? These 18 year olds are supposed to save this team?

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Can't that be said for every goalie?

Tim Thomas has played as much competitive hockey over the past year as I did.

I don't know what the fascination with draft picks here is.

What if LA repeats? What if Lundqvist goes to CBJ and carries them to the playoffs? Then you only have our high pick, as we are sure to suck without Lundqvist now, and for many years ahead.

Not many teams have franchise goaltenders. Us, Nashville, LA, maybe Boston in the future, are the only teams who can say we have franchise goalies. Even Ryan Miller is inconsistent. MAF pretty much handed the series to the Flyers. Why are we trading ours to Columbus? These 18 year olds are supposed to save this team?

Except, Thomas has proven to be an NHL caliber goalie. Everyone else, you and I? It's a stretch of a comparison.

You don't pull the trigger now: trade deadline is April 3rd. By then, this could be a moot point. By then, Rangers could potentially land a 1-2-3 punch, or 3 picks in the top 10, 2 in the top 5, who knows.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Except, Thomas has proven to be an NHL caliber goalie. Everyone else, you and I? It's a stretch of a comparison.

You don't pull the trigger now: trade deadline is April 3rd. By then, this could be a moot point. By then, Rangers could potentially land a 1-2-3 punch, or 3 picks in the top 10, 2 in the top 5, who knows.

But he hasn't played Beer League hockey, let alone NHL hockey, for a year now. He has pretty much retired. When was the last time a player, and a goalie, who are all known as creatures of habit, took a year off and came back?

While Seth Jones, MacKinnon, and one of Drouin/Barkov sounds enticing, they could still bust, and it would leave a gaping hole in net. Literally. The size of Biron's 5 hole.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
But he hasn't played Beer League hockey, let alone NHL hockey, for a year now. He has pretty much retired. When was the last time a player, and a goalie, who are all known as creatures of habit, took a year off and came back?

While Seth Jones, MacKinnon, and one of Drouin/Barkov sounds enticing, they could still bust, and it would leave a gaping hole in net. Literally. The size of Biron's 5 hole.

I believe there were a few players who didn't play overseas or here when the lockout occurred in 04-05. One of those players was Belfour.

Sure, they could, but what if they do pan out? I really doubt that 3 or all picks would backfire in our face.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I believe there were a few players who didn't play overseas or here when the lockout occurred in 04-05. One of those players was Belfour.

Sure, they could, but what if they do pan out? I really doubt that 3 or all picks would backfire in our face.
Ok, but the 04 lockout messed up everyone's schedule. Timmy went to fight against Obama or whatever. It's obvious that he's not serious about hockey anymore.

We will not be able to find a replacement for Hank. Wanna go back to the days of Blackburn/Valiquette/Weekes/whoever else we had? I don't. I like my goalie winning games, no single-handidly losing them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad