GDT: Your NEWWWWWWW JERSEYYYY DEVILLLS @ Flyers - Enough of the negativity edition

Robert Theodorson

Apr 27, 2010
Washington DC
Knowing the devils theyll win all last games and still miss playoffs by a thread and land at worse spot in draft than what they are now.

I think as long as Lou drafts a forward the Devs will get a quality prospect whether it be #5 overall or #15. Would it be nice to have Barkov? No brainer, but that win felt good last night, and the SO was even better. Would like to see more of the same.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
End of the day, if we don't undergo a horrific 10 game losing streak, we easily make the playoffs.

Right now, we're probably going to be 2-4 points out of 8th by the end of the season. That means a dreadful 2-4-4 instead of an embarrassing 0-6-4.

Heck, just one more win in that span gives us control over our playoff destiny..

If we had gone even .500 in the last 10 games, we'd be tied with Ottawa for 6th place.

Or if we had gone .500 when Marty was injured and we had to ride Moose.

God damn it, this season has been so frustrating.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
if the Rangers win tonight, its lights out basically.

Lights have been on dimmer for the last month.
Now flickering before blackout.

Would be nice to see Sabres win in 3 periods tonight, give us fans some hope going to the game tomorrow afternoon.

I want the Devils to dig down deep and end the season rolling off wins, especially the 2 vs the Rangers.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
yea thats the thing. if BUF wins in regulation tonight, we could be 2 back (of the Rangers, at least) on Sunday evening while being even in games played.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I don't root for the Devils to lose, but watch them run the table and if they don't make the playoffs, what a waste.

Reminds me when we lost the chance to draft Mario Lemieux. Now Florida; that's a team that knows how to thank. :shakehead

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't root for the Devils to lose, but watch them run the table and if they don't make the playoffs, what a waste.

Reminds me when we lost the chance to draft Mario Lemieux. Now Florida; that's a team that knows how to thank. :shakehead

Kirk Muller was a great Devil and was part of the foundation that was set before the 3 Cups could be won.
He came to play every night with a work ethic that was nearly unmatched, along with top end skill.

Lou flipped him for Steph Richer too years later.

The Devils have had as much success since that draft as Pittsburgh, who knows what what have happened if we got Mario, for better or worse.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
That was a pretty bad season overall made of a billion of missed opportunities, in goals scoring chances, defensive breakdowns as much as in points thrown away. I'd take it for sure if we magically make it, luck wasn't really on our side neither, but let's be honest: we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

yeah -
Last season we could say we had a good penalty kill, a decent power play, a heck of a forecheck, solid D play in our zone, solid D play in the offensive zone at the points, very good goaltending, three premier scorers, some up and coming young talent with Henrique, and a great 4th line, excellent coaching and assistant coaching. Lots of things going for us.

This year... I can't really point one thing out that was consistently excellent all year. If they had kept the 4th line together the whole season, I might have been able to point to that.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I'm sure it was mentioned already but....wow our D actually didn't scare me last night. Notice the two individuals missing from play.

The D has looked very solid without 24 and 28 in there. It's not a coincidence in my opinion. Those 2 are so slow and immobile while the guys we have in can all skate and move the puck relatively well. We've given up 4 goals in 3 games. Can't remember the last time we did that.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Its just Pejorative Slured when ypu think that this team missed playoffs by a couple of points because they lost ten straight. Had they won even a couple.. **** me

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Volch returns to the lineup you can call your miracle run over instantly assuming they get there.

Cue Pete's pregame interview on Sunday.

''We're happy to get Volchie back in the lineup. He's an impact player, one that gives us incredible energy. You know he's a guy that can deliver a big hit, or block a shot, and inject some energy into the lineup with those kinds of plays''.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Cue Pete's pregame interview on Sunday.

''We're not too happy to get Volchie back in the lineup but I have to play the guy since my boss handed him a Pejorative Slured contract, wich needs to be justified, unfortunatly for the rest of our players and our fans. He's a brutal skater and I don't even know if he's aware that the game of hockey is played with a puck. When ever he's on the ice, he drains the energy out of everyone cause all 5 guys (including the goaler) are just begging for him to clear the zone but they are stuck chasing the puck on one of his several turnovers that is made every time he takes a shift for us. You know he's a guy that can deliver a big hit, or block a shot, but he deflates everyone 95% of the time when he's not making those types of plays, wich happen once in a blue moon BTW''.

Fixed ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad