GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Officially over. I've hated this season more than almost every other bad season.

We had the outdoor game, that's it.
I blame the late collapse on the outdoor game... Metlife in particular... always hated that place and it's like the Devils caught the suckage bug that plagues both my Giants and the Jets:sarcasm:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'd like to know how many goals we've scored with the goalie pulled this season. Honestly asking, is it 0? I can't remember a single one.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Kudos to everyone punishing themselves for the last few games. Lots of work to do for Fitz. It's clear now that it was NOT Lindy and it was not goaltending.

There was a thing that showed if they got better goaltending and finishing, they'd be a lock at Metro 3. But getting their asses handed by Carolina by a Lindy Ruff led coaching staff does exactly what? They're better seeing these type of cracks now and fixing them before they become very apparent during their contending years

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I know he got an extension two months ago, but what rope does Fitzgerald have? How will that impact the coaching search? If you are elite coach are you going to want to come here if the GM falls in jeopardy by a slow start by December?

Reactions: RandoDoomer

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
It’s over, what a terrible year

From injuries to the comically bad first goal given up (don’t even think you could try to do that If you wanted too). The growing pains of the young d men, the lack of killer instinct and overall lack of execution and falling flat of expectations probably brings this year to one of the most unlikeable teams in awhile

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s over, what a terrible year

From injuries to the comically bad first goal given up (don’t even think you could try to do that If you wanted too). The growing pains of the young d men, the lack of killer instinct and overall lack of execution and falling flat of expectations probably brings this year to one of the most unlikeable teams in awhile

The hall pass some people give Marino and Siegs while trying to heap blame on Luke and Nemec is legit insane.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
7-10-1 since Green took over

0-3-0 in the last 3 games gets us to the 7-13-1 record I predicted under Green.

I don't even think this guy will be back as an associate/assistant or any of that again like they did with Nas.

Fitz has to be seeing the same things we are. This team has been a complete boat anchor under Green. The only thing that's improved is the team save percentage, due to the upgrades in goaltending that came days after Ruff was fired.

Every other metric including WIN/LOSS has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY worse under Green. All the possession numbers/shots against/shots for/expected goals for/actual goals for have gotten considerably worse under him.

I'm not sure if actual goals against per game have gotten worse, with the significant increase in team save percentage, but the loads of empty net goals against probably negate the lower goals allowed by goalies somewhat.

But we've been allowing a ton of empty net goals all year long, even before he took over.

Reactions: My3Sons

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
I'm wondering if the entire staff gets GANKED

But I'm also wondering if the trade deadline goalies saved Rogalski? Marty seems to love him, so maybe he stays after the new goalies played well.

I don't think Sarge goes.

McGill is a maybe.

Chris Taylor is a DEFINITELY

Green as head coach is a MOST DEFINITELY. Possibly he gets reassigned to associate coach, but the only reason I even think that's a possibility is because that's something this regime did to the last interim head coach. It doesn't mean they'll do it with this interim head coach, but I wouldn't rule it out either. It's extremely rare around the league that this happens though. That was something unique to us.
Why would you get rid of everyone but keep sarge??

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I am on board getting rid of Fitz in general. I don't care anymore.

There are so many factors that lead me to this but I'm fed up beyond any measure that this season turned out the way it did.

Getting promoted right before the McLeod (and Foote) blowup, patting yourself on the back, and then watching this season drain down since late December and doing literally nothing until it was too late to change course. It's just symbolic of how this shit went down the drain. And literally his decisions in the off-season led directly to this crap. Really amazing we are here.

Season ticket price increases, food prices out of control.....

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I am on board getting rid of Fitz in general. I don't care anymore.

There are so many factors that lead me to this but I'm fed up beyond any measure that this season turned out the way it did.

Getting promoted right before the McLeod blowup, patting yourself on the back, and then watching this season drain down since late December and doing literally nothing until it was too late to change course. And literally his decisions in the off-season led directly to this crap. Really amazing we are here.

Season ticket price increases, food prices out of control.....
Fitz shouldn't get fired now, but the off-season is a HUGE for him. I don't necessarily agree because I like him as GM, but his job will be on the line if the team underperforms next season.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Islanders win. We are officially eliminated from the playoffs.
Put Me Out Of My Misery Bazarack GIF - Put Me Out Of My ...

• Haha
Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad