GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (7-5-1, 15 Pts, 4th in Metropolitan) vs. Winnipeg Jets (7-5-2, 16 Pts, 3rd in Central), 8 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm having an awesome day, my Red Bulls cleared house and fired everyone so I couldn't be happier, just need 2 points for the extra bonus of the day.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!
They canned Verstappen and the mechanics/engineers? That seems harsh given his record setting season.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It's on ESPN+ tonight. Replay on NHL Network tomorrow 1pm.

1699995195111.png

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
If he’s not then this is easily the most questionable goalie start Ruff has ever made.

And there’s been a couple of them in the past, but this would be the worst.

Not starting him against Washington in the first place was bad and he/we paid for it.
Is vanecek that bad this year? He started slow last year and then went on an amazing run.

hischier and Hughes being out is a factor in team performance

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is vanecek that bad this year? He started slow last year and then went on an amazing run.

hischier and Hughes being out is a factor in team performance
Yes he’s been that bad. His slow start last year was literally just a bad first game of the year. If anything he had a slow end.

Look at the two goals he allowed last game. Had nothing to do with Hischier and Hughes being out. Two soft goals in 15 seconds that got him rightfully yanked.

And not only has he been “That bad” this season, he’s been THAT bad since February of last year. He has like an .884% in 37 games (including playoffs) since the all star break ended last year.

There’s not too many instances of a goalie being all good and fine with the same team after the playoff performance he put up last year. That usually requires being shipped out of town. I think he can be a fine backup-ish goalie for the remainder of his time here, but not a 1a or starter and probably not a 1b either.

I think he’s outta here after this year if I had to make a prediction. I could be wrong on that, but between his playoffs last year and overall uselessness since February, it’s gonna take a huge turnaround for this to go on past this year with him on the team.

He was never supposed to be the guy here anyway. Management was hoping Blackwood was going to bounce back and return to pre-covid season levels. Vanecek was just an insurance policy in case he didn’t. And he didn’t and here we are.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
your memory is still working....scored on chico

In NHL 2004 I recreated the 83-84 Devils and give players shitty player ratings to make it as real as possible. Think I made the playoffs!:laugh: Fun Parton that game you could adjust your ticket prices and make your building empty. The new games are more complicated for me now. I suck at current EA sports hockey. Just try to clogg up the neutral zone and shoot for rebounds off the wing and crash the net. I make Jack Hughes look more like Miles Wood.

I'm having an awesome day, my Red Bulls cleared house and fired everyone so I couldn't be happier, just need 2 points for the extra bonus of the day.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!
I used to follow them a bit but, have fallen out of touch since they left MSG network. Went to a couple games like 6 years ago.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Yes he’s been that bad. His slow start last year was literally just a bad first game of the year. If anything he had a slow end.

Look at the two goals he allowed last game. Had nothing to do with Hischier and Hughes being out. Two soft goals in 15 seconds that got him rightfully yanked.

And not only has he been “That bad” this season, he’s been THAT bad since February of last year. He has like an .884% in 37 games (including playoffs) since the all star break ended last year.

There’s not too many instances of a goalie being all good and fine with the same team after the playoff performance he put up last year. That usually requires being shipped out of town. I think he can be a fine backup-ish goalie for the remainder of his time here, but not a 1a or starter and probably not a 1b either.

I think he’s outta here after this year if I had to make a prediction. I could be wrong on that, but between his playoffs last year and overall uselessness since February, it’s gonna take a huge turnaround for this to go on past this year with him on the team.

He was never supposed to be the guy here anyway. Management was hoping Blackwood was going to bounce back and return to pre-covid season levels. Vanecek was just an insurance policy in case he didn’t. And he didn’t and here we are.
My expectations for VV have fluctuated over and over. It was wait and see too pleasantly surprised and has been steadily downhill since the playoffs. Can't see him being the guy that's gonna be good enough to even our version of Darcy Keumper 2021 for us. We got him for almost nothing and milked it for all he was worth with prime CS like GAA and SVP% and Marty like 30 plus wins. This is Akira's job to win if he can find his game and keep it.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad