GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (21-7-2) vs. Florida Panthers (14-13-4), 7:30 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My guess is VV on Tuesday, Schmid on Wednesday. They seem to be alternating.
Now see, you’re talking about what SHOULD be happening, not what WILL be happening. Because ya know, insanity and all that.

Broadcast said Blackwood will be joining the team before the road trip.

Tonight was definitely Schmid’s “it’s not good bye but it’s see you later” game.

And I said if he starts tonight that it probably means the end for him. At least for now.

Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

A few contenders actually... 👀

That's what I mean, it could be fun in August when everything ins boring in tthe hockey world. There could even be a "Best Meme" category for the single best meme lol.
4CDA8196-F4B1-4668-A10C-C39A871EAF3E.jpeg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Now see, you’re talking about what SHOULD be happening, not what WILL be happening. Because ya know, insanity and all that.

Tonight was definitely Schmid’s “it’s not good bye but it’s see you later” game.

And I said if he starts tonight that it probably means the end for him. At least for now.

I would bet money it's Vtec on Tuesday and Blackwood on Wednesday. This was Schmid's last game until Blackwood inevitably gets hurt in a month.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would bet money it's Vtec on Tuesday and Blackwood on Wednesday. This was Schmid's last game until Blackwood inevitably gets hurt in a month.
That’s really one reason to be concerned about the trajectory.

If they make this a platoon tandem of 1a and 1b and Vitek is still playing superior.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Being a Devils fan is like be on twitter, nerve racking. It may be time for a mini hockey vacation. Stay away from all hockey news and forums and just chill. Come back in a week and hope for some positive news on the Devils.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I would bet money it's Vtec on Tuesday and Blackwood on Wednesday. This was Schmid's last game until t.Blackwood inevitably gets hurt in a month.
Please don't.

Being a Devils fan is like be on twitter, nerve racking. It may be time for a mini hockey vacation. Stay away from all hockey news and forums and just chill. Come back in a week and hope for some positive news on the Devils.
I don't know how it happened, but I forgot the game was on tonight.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
How many Ls does it take before it's concerning. 5 apparently isn't enough. Will 6 and 7 next week make people concerned?
It'd have to get to 10-12 L's for me to get really concerned. I'd bet it doesn't get to that though and we get another W streak going before then.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's a difference between being concerned and freaking out like you've never seen a good team have a bad stretch before.
Problem is I'm not sure deep down we're even 100% convinced this is a good team yet, other than those who use the charts for everything I suppose. Another few of these losses and we may well be struggling to make the playoffs again. And not making the postseason after the start we had would almost be worse than another Mr. Irrelevant season, it would kinda cement the loser mindset tbh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There's a difference between being concerned and freaking out like you've never seen a good team have a bad stretch before.

It's debatable we are a good team as opposed to one that just got hot way too early.

We have not been playing well for a long stretch now. Not once did it look like they legitimately could come back in a third period during this stretch.

Plus they are a young team and most likely mentally fragile and will start sulking if they don't start winning soon, if they aren't already there (tonight felt like the full sulk game)

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Sorry, I had the Florida broadcast and missed that.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
How many Ls does it take before it's concerning. 5 apparently isn't enough. Will 6 and 7 next week make people concerned?
It’s not about a fixed number of losses. If they lost just three in a row getting blown out playing like Anaheim or Columbus that would worry me a hell of a lot more than seven losses in a row where they played at least ok and lost all of them by a goal.

It sucks that this is happening right now but I don’t see a team playing bad enough on the ice to justify believing that upcoming games are going to be automatic losses. Especially in a season where they showed the ability to win 20 out of 22 games. It’s incredibly over-dramatic and immature.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please don't.

I don't know how it happened, but I forgot the game was on tonight.
Insane or not, it looks like Schmid is going back.

There’s a goalie on the team and he’s going back to Utica

The guy that’s replacing him is really inferior

Depressionnnnmnnnnnn

• Haha
Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry, I had the Florida broadcast and missed that.
My condolences

I’d rather sit and watch the game next to Blackwood in the penalty box than listen to that f***in f*** Goldstein.

Cage Helmet lives close enough to the bottom of the state that they’re his local team and he told me he watched the shit on mute.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's debatable we are a good team as opposed to one that just got hot way too early.

We have not been playing well for a long stretch now. Not once did it look like they legitimately could come back in a third period during this stretch.

Plus they are a young team and most likely mentally fragile and will start sulking if they don't start winning soon, if they aren't already there (tonight felt like the full sulk game)
Not many bad teams can pull off a top 6 best start to a season in league history.

Me and others are concerned, but would be MORE concerned if they are getting caved in every night. They simply are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad