GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (21-7-2) vs. Florida Panthers (14-13-4), 7:30 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Me if we lose again

2DC0BA95-E06E-488A-AE47-06E2D0871322.gif

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
You can actually bench one of your "top" players and have accountability when you have depth. We couldn't afford to do that in season's prior to this one. Yeah so we are more of the team that won 13 straight than the one that lost the last 4. Look December is going be a bitch and just breaking even in the win loss column is very acceptable IMO. It means we'll have to beat strong playoff teams like Boston and Carolina just to be .500 for December.
That would be a positive sign and confidence builder for the team. Let’s start tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rather face Bob but, gotta be careful what I wish for.
Bob f***ing sucks anymore.

BUT

Bad goalies have good games, which I feel sometimes is lost on many people. And people then want you to eat crow for trashing the goalie, as if he's supposed to be bad every single game he plays if he were really a bad goalie.

I think, if I'm not mistaken, that we have gotten Bob yanked the last two times he played in Prudential Center? I think? I think he's only played in the building 2 times in the last 3 years. Knight played the other game at Prudential Center last year (Earlier in the year) and I'm pretty sure Montembeault played us the second time in 19-20 or it was Driedger. We didn't play them at all in 20-21.

But having Bob pulled didn't mean shit, as the Panthers came back from multiple goal leads and we lost. I think it was a 4 goal lead last time. Andrew Hammond was in goal.

Reactions: My3Sons

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Bob f***ing sucks anymore.

BUT

Bad goalies have good games, which I feel sometimes is lost on many people. And people then want you to eat crow for trashing the goalie, as if he's supposed to be bad every single game he plays if he were really a bad goalie.

I think, if I'm not mistaken, that we have gotten Bob yanked the last two times he played in Prudential Center? I think? I think he's only played in the building 2 times in the last 3 years. Knight played the other game at Prudential Center last year (Earlier in the year) and I'm pretty sure Montembeault played us the second time in 19-20 or it was Driedger. We didn't play them at all in 20-21.

But having Bob pulled didn't mean shit, as the Panthers came back from multiple goal leads and we lost. I think it was a 4 goal lead last time. Andrew Hammond was in goal.
Right it's about consistency and reliability nothing that we have seen from MB29 in about 3 years. Back up goalies have occasional great games too.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Won’t be able to watch , ill be flying home from Hawaii … that sucks for numerous reasons but to be 100% honest , I miss being able to watch hockey games live and I miss my dog lol . There was one game on tv the entire time I was here . Boston and Kings . That’s it …

• Wow
Reactions: Xirik and Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad