GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (19-13-2, 40 Pts) @ Boston Bruins, (20-7-6, 40 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
A win tonight can propel them like the overtime severson goal last year on New Year’s Day against the rags

I hope so too. I thought the regulation win with <25 seconds against the Isles would do that. We'll never know which win it'll be, but right now they look like they feel better about their game.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dano has been great this year.

He's often times saya the same shit on calls that we're yelling at home, like screaming at guys to clear the PK on the or 6 on 5. And talking about how many different times the puck could and should have been cleared and constantly saying ''That's gotta get out!''. He's a little less rationalistic when things go bad than he was in previous years when things went bad. He obviously expects wins and the team being better now than those years, much like we all do.

And he sounded like he wanted to scream and go on an expletive laden rant when Siegs gave that puck away late in the 3rd for what looked like it was gonna be a game winning goal for Columbus. He had to bite his tongue and was like ''That can't happen''.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
OK - Since I probably can't watch tonight due to the stupidity of the NHL, let's review....

My most hated sports entities on this planet:
1) Bruins

2) NY Rangers

3) NY Giants
4) Dodgers
5) Red Sox

I would enjoy a win tonight very much.

Mine would be

1. The Rangers
2. The Flyers
3. The Red Sox
4.The Eagles

5. The Knicks

Teams like the Jets and Mets aren't relevant enough to warrant a spot. In fact, I respect the commitment. Also, the Knicks are on there because of association to the Dolan and MSG. Plus as a Bulls fan I grew to hate them growing up.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The 1st goal is so overrated. It's like home ice in the playoffs. Speaking of playoffs if they wanna get there win this f***ing game tonight! LFGD!

I always want home ice for game 7s...

"Of the 756 best-of-seven NHL playoff series played through 2023, 191 (25%) have resulted in a Game 7 with the home team holding a healthy 111-80 (58%) edge. The team that scores first has a 145-46 (75%) edge, including a 4-0 record in the 2023 postseason. 47 of the 191 (25%) Game 7s have gone to overtime, with the home side surviving 23 times and the visitors stealing 24."

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't stand the Red Sox either, but I also just really hate the Eagles and I don't even watch football. f*** the Baltimore Ravens too.

I know too many fans of those teams and I get excited when they lose and everyone is butt hurt about it. Especially the big loudmouths that don't watch more than a few seconds of their so called favorite team all year.

And Fly Eagles Fly is the dumbest thing ever.

Every time I read #FLYEAGLESFLY it makes me think of ''GO GO GADGET ARMS!'' stuff from Inspector Gadget or Go Go Power Rangers!

It's so stupid.

And those teams have so many bandwagon fans. I wonder if the Cowboys and 49ers still do? They sure did when I was a teenager/early 20s.

I honestly don't like football at all anymore. I haven't for 25 years now.

The game doesn't bother me as much as football culture. It's the ultimate, high school jock sport. If I grew up in Canada I'm sure hockey would be the default jock sport, because hockey to Canadians is like football to us Americans.

And it's not die hard football fans that bother me, but the people that pretend to be die hards and talk about how hard Baltimore/Philly/Giants/whoever are gonna smash whoever this Sunday, as they proceed to not watch a single second of the game, and then ask around to everyone ''Hey, do you know what the score of the Eagles game is? Do you know if the Eagles won today?''. Due to the popularity of the sport in Canada, hockey is probably that sport up there. Where everyone pretends to have a favorite team, even if they don't give a shit. And constantly have to ask ''Hey, do you know what the score of the Leafs game was tonight? Did the Leafs win?''.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
1. Rangers
2. Braves
3. Cowboys
4. Flyers
5. Phillies
6. Eagles
7. Georgia Bulldogs
8. Michigan Wolverines
9. Bruins
10. FL Panthers
HM: Islanders, Canucks and Leafs more so the fanbases than the actual teams/players. Used to have the Yankees on here but once I grew older Yankees fans have gotten way less annoying.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Smith hat trick tonight, and the haters will still hate, Hart trophy looms
IMG_2571.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad