GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (18-13-2, 38 Pts) @ Ottawa Senators (13-17-0, 26 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Looking at the highlights, Daws reminded me of Schmid last year in his poise, squaring up to the puck, rebound control and the efficiency in his movements. Schmid doesn’t look like that way for the most part this year.

Conspiracy theory: product of the minor league goalie coach whose name escapes me and @Guttersniped eloquently put together his coaching timeline in a post a bit back? Then good old Dusty takes that and f***s it up?

Just a coffee talk topic to talk amongst yourselves.
the thing that stood out the most to me was his movement. He was obviously poised but he just looked more athletic than I’ve ever seen him or Schmid look before. That excites me as I previously didn’t see either of them as being overly athletic goalies and I think that raises his potential.

Might go along with what he himself has been saying about feeling better physically than he’s felt previously. Also wonder if it’s part of why he got brought up so quick (apart from Schmid’s struggles). They went from slowly working him back into AHL action to NHL call-up super quick. Wonder if it’s because they felt he looked as good as it sounds like he feels.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he took a huge jump developmentally as he was already a big late bloomer (passed over in NHL draft year and then got drafted 3rd round by devils following year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad