GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (11-4-3) @ Wienerpeg Jets (11-4-3), 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Great power plays, but we just couldn't get the screens set up. The Jet's lower guy was reading the play well and preventing Wood/Boyle from getting in front of the goalie when the shot was coming.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I was going to DVR this game and go hunting, but it started to rain.

Now I REALLY wish it wasnt raining, because this game is pretty fast-forward'able.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Barring a miracle comeback, our PDO will also be knocked down a bit this game, while the Jets will continue to be through the roof.

If Zacha can't get back in after this game.

And Henrique continues to get gifted PP time and does nothing with it. Is he still on pace for 40 points? It will be 39 after this game, if he gets 0 points today. 2 points in his last 10 games?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Our power play set up lead to some good possession, but no one was being put into good shooting positions on it. Really bad coaching there.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
On our way to our 6th loss in the last 8 games. I think it's time to forget about the good start.

I also think that the return of Boyle and Zajac screws up the chemistry and identity this team had. I just don't think Boyle fits on this team.

Zajac is a valuable piece and he'll be good once he gets back into shape.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Jets remind me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer is a boxer and just takes punches until the other guy collapses. Once they run into a team that can bury chances, they are gonna get smoked. It' no wonder Toronto smoked them.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I just don't think Boyle fits on this team.

I've been saying that since before the season started. He's a round peg being forced into a square hole.

When the entire strategy relies on team speed, you just cant play guys like Boyle or Hayes as it fouls up their entire line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad